Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
333 Views 2 Replies Last post: Nov 27, 2017 3:42 PM by Lighthouse24 RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Oct 22, 2016
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 27, 2017 1:52 PM

Marketing a University Book store?

I have received feedback from Drake University to maybe have a book promotion for one

of my books:  GROTIUS - Father of International Law (c) 2017.

Q:  Who i  CreateSpace Customer Service should I contact to have them get in touch with

the Drake University Book Store (Des Moines, Iowa to Drake can get pricing for my book?

Thanks.

Level 5 4,279 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
1. Nov 27, 2017 3:37 PM in response to: SpicyBOB
Re: Marketing a University Book store?

I don't think you will get any help from CreateSpace in dealing with Drake. You have to do this yourself. If Drake wants a shipment of books, you need to take the order. You can arrange for the books to be drop-shipped (which means they ship directly from CreateSpace to the customer), to save some money, though this prevents you from checking the books before they get to the customer.

Level 5 13,129 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
2. Nov 27, 2017 3:42 PM in response to: SpicyBOB
Re: Marketing a University Book store?

The University already knows how to contact you, it seems, so why not take the orders yourself? This would be much more profitable than having the sale go through an EDC channel. If you don't want to maintain stock, you could dropship whatever quantity of books is needed.

Besides being more profitable to you, it may be beneficial to the institution. Many public schools have requirements to make a certain percentage of purchases from small businesses (as well as women-owned, minority-owned, and veteran-owned business), and would often prefer to buy directly from a self-publisher rather than an Amazon company. Even though it's a private institution, Drake may have similar initiatives. Couldn't hurt to check.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...