Skip navigation
305 Views 6 Replies Last post: Nov 28, 2017 10:37 AM by austensharp RSS
Level 0 4 posts since
Aug 3, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 24, 2017 5:41 PM

Printing copies for family and friends

Will Createspace print copies of my paperback book so that I may distribute it to just my family and friends? I do not want to sell this particular book to the general public.

Level 5 4,205 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
1. Nov 24, 2017 6:56 PM in response to: austensharp
Re: Printing copies for family and friends

Yes. Many do things this way. When you get to the part of the preparations that are to do with how the book will be distributed, you just select none of the options. In that way the book is not listed on any retail site or distributor list, but you can order as many copies as you like and even drop-ship them to other addresses around the world.

Level 2 183 posts since
Jun 20, 2017
2. Nov 26, 2017 7:12 AM in response to: austensharp

I did this with a version of a book I planned to publish in the new year. I put wording on the half-title page to the effect that this was A Limited Edition of 25 Signed and Numbered Copies, of Which This Is Number ____.  And delivered them on December 24 to my selected Christmas list (well, I suppose I mailed a few). It was a great success. I then immediately erased that language from the PDF, uploaded it again, and made it available to the wide world on January 1.

I suppose the "limited edition" would lose some of its punch if there were no unlimited edition....

Good luck! -- NJ

Notjohn's Guide to E-Book & Print Formatting: http://viewbook.at/notjohn

The blog: http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com

Level 4 2,520 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
5. Nov 28, 2017 10:11 AM in response to: austensharp

Yep, it's required. No big deal -- just use CreateSpace's free ISBN.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...