Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
582 Views 3 Replies Last post: Nov 30, 2017 10:48 PM by Seisa RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Nov 22, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 29, 2017 6:08 PM

Transitioning from CreateSpace POD to Amazon Advantage

Is it possible to transition from CreateSpace P.O.D.  to Amazon Advantage bulk offset printing while maintaining the same book listing/URL at Amazon (if your book starts to sell larger quantities)?

I wasn't sure if there was a was to link my CreateSpace listing to an Amazon Advantage listing so I don't lose sales data, reviews and forced to promote a new URL?

Thanks for any assistance-

Level 5 4,129 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
1. Nov 29, 2017 9:45 PM in response to: cpaddock
Re: Transitioning from CreateSpace POD to Amazon Advantage

If you had the foresight to use your own ISBN with CreateSpace, then I think there is nothing to stop the same listing being used in any case. Otherwise, though I haven't been down this path, I assume that given the usual proviso (that title and author name are exactly the same) the two versions of the book will be automatically linked. Failing that, you can claim both books as your own in Author Central and request manual linking.

Level 5 5,668 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
3. Nov 30, 2017 10:48 PM in response to: cpaddock
Re: Transitioning from CreateSpace POD to Amazon Advantage

The accounts will not be linked. There will just be one listing on Amazon, since there's one ISBN. If the book is no longer available for POD with that ISBN, then the only option to buy it from Amazon will be through your Advantage fullfillment. As far as customers are concerned, they won't really see a difference. It's in the backend that the change occurs.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...