Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
393 Views 3 Replies Last post: Nov 30, 2017 2:48 PM by Lighthouse24 RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Nov 29, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 30, 2017 12:54 PM

Acrobat says file is 6x9 but reviewer thinks it's not - What's wrong?

I'm a first time CreateSpace user - but I think I'm doing things right...  I formatted my 320 page 7"x9.5" document to have a .33" margin and .66" gutter - no bleed at all.  Then I use Sejda to convert the size to 6"x9" (because I couldn't get Acrobat to do it!)  When I open the newly created PDF in Acrobat its properties show as a 6x9, and it looks OK.  After uploading to CreateSpace the reviewer says it's 7.0694447"x9.994..." and that I need to scale it.  If I try to scale it then random pages go blank and funky things happen like missing text!  What am I doing wrong?  How can I get reviewer to see my PDF as a 6x9?  Thanks for any advice!

Level 5 12,993 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
1. Nov 30, 2017 1:27 PM in response to: middletonhistory
Re: Acrobat says file is 6x9 but reviewer thinks it's not - What's wrong?

Open the PDF in Acrobat, select the Crop Pages tool, and check the size of the various PDF page boxes for each page. My guess is that the page box geometry was messed up when rescaling occurred, and that the Crop, Art, Bleed, and/or Media page boxes will be larger than 6x9 for one or more pages. If so, you'll probably need to fix that.

Level 5 12,993 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
3. Nov 30, 2017 2:48 PM in response to: middletonhistory
Re: Acrobat says file is 6x9 but reviewer thinks it's not - What's wrong?

If what I suggested is, in fact, the problem, then the best/easiest solution is to do what I suggested in Acrobat, and just reset all the PDF page boxes there (within the crop tool). Since it's no bleed, you can apply the reset to all pages at once.

CreateSpace doesn't require PDF/X-compliance, but if you want it to be anyway, you'll also need to run a fixup (from the preflight presets) to remove the Art Box from all pages.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...