Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
357 Views 2 Replies Last post: Dec 1, 2017 12:48 PM by Lorem_Ipsum RSS
Level 0 3 posts since
Nov 6, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 1, 2017 11:51 AM

How do I edit a proof? (and other newbie questions)

My files have been accepted, but there are several issues (on my end) that are holding me back from approving yet. The first is a line on my title page, just below my author  name, that references a previous book I authored, but it doesn't appear on my cover. How do I get that deleted? Or would it be easier/better to include it on the cover and leave the title page as is?

The Library of Congress registration is another issue. My understanding is that it can't be added once the proofs are approved, but where do I go to get that taken care of?

The third (and hopefully final) issue is page numbers. Are those added by CS once the proofs are approved, or am I responsible for that?

Level 2 115 posts since
Jun 24, 2016
1. Dec 1, 2017 12:41 PM in response to: LittleSparrow
Re: How do I edit a proof? (and other newbie questions)

You are responsible for everything. If you want to add page numbers or delete a line on the title page, make the changes in your source files and upload again. Repeat until everything looks exactly the way you want it to be printed. Then get a printed proof copy and make sure it still looks right on paper, because it’s easy to miss things reviewing on a screen.

Level 4 2,973 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
2. Dec 1, 2017 12:48 PM in response to: LittleSparrow
Re: How do I edit a proof? (and other newbie questions)

I realize this is an unorthodox suggestion, but perhaps you ought to consider taking a look at CreateSpace's documentation: Books (tab at top of page) -> Publish a Trade Paperback -> Interior and Cover tabs.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...