Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
335 Views 1 Reply Last post: Dec 6, 2017 9:44 AM by Seisa RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Nov 1, 2016
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 6, 2017 9:40 AM

Corrections to Interior Proof pdf?

I have completed checking my Interior Proof pdf and need to make some corrections. When I convert the downloaded pdf to a Word Document (for editing), in many cases the title of the short stories (which are in Capital letters) some of the Capital Letters become small letters.......i.e.  AS EASY AS  becomes AS EaSy AS.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Also, in my Interior Proof ......in several of the short stories, the last paragraph will have a space between it and the rest of the story. How do I let CreateSpace know this is all that needs to be corrected?

Level 5 5,596 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
1. Dec 6, 2017 9:44 AM in response to: Ms-Porch
Re: Corrections to Interior Proof pdf?

Ms-Porch wrote:

I have completed checking my Interior Proof pdf and need to make some corrections. When I convert the downloaded pdf to a Word Document (for editing)...

That's not really the best way to do it (as you've found). You should go back to your source file and make the corrections, (then ideally generate a PDF of that) and then upload it again to CreateSpace.

Also, in my Interior Proof ......in several of the short stories, the last paragraph will have a space between it and the rest of the story. How do I let CreateSpace know this is all that needs to be corrected?

You don't, unless you hired CS to design the interior file for you. If you didn't contract with CS for typesetting, then any corrections are your responsibility (see above).

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...