Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
460 Views 2 Replies Last post: Dec 11, 2017 12:55 PM by jenner RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Aug 12, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 7, 2017 7:51 AM

Trouble loading Children's Picture book 8.5 x 8.5

HELP! I've been working on this for over two weeks and have spoken to multiple CreateSpace Help Desk folks, done everything they directed me to do and still my pdf is being rejected!

My PDF uploads with only 1 issue -- dpi issues which I don't care about at this point-- but gets rejected for what they say are TRIM errors!

This morning I was on the phone with another CS Help person and he said what I uploaded met all their requirements and looked perfect.  

When I send it beyond, I keep getting a message saying the MARGINS FOR BLEED are incorrect even though 1) it was uploaded and accepted without TRIM ERRORS! and 2) I created a template to CS's specifications and loaded each illustration as directed.

WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRONG?

I'm "grabbing at straws here:

I live in the mountains and our Internet provider isn't that great. Is it possible that it's my Internet that's sending wrong or weak signals that are messing with the pdf? I would think if it were this problem, it wouldn't have gone through at all but it zings right along when loading!

I am tearing my hair out! HELP!

Sandra 

Level 5 12,994 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
1. Dec 7, 2017 8:14 AM in response to: mountaingal
Re: Trouble loading Children's Picture book 8.5 x 8.5

You can read my comments in these two threads:

https://forums.createspace.com/en/community/message/503199#503199

https://forums.createspace.com/en/community/message/515857#515857

Since then, we've had the opportunity to preflight/troubleshoot files by seven other members here who were certain there was nothing wrong with what they submitted. In one case, there were page objects that extended outside the safe zone, but not all the way to the bleed edge (so there was a problem, and even the Interior Reviewer would have flagged it). In two other cases, the PDF page box geometry was incorrect (not something the Interior Reviewer flags) and that might have been causing the problem (in any case, resetting the page boxes and resumitting the file resulted in acceptance). As for the other four, I'd bet my business that those authors/publishers were correct -- that there was nothing wrong with the files they submitted. Coincidentally (maybe), all four of those were 8.5x8.5 -- as were the three files we had rejected. Yes, it is frustrating.

If you'd like for me to take a look at your file, you can click my user name and send a private message.

Level 0 19 posts since
Apr 26, 2015
2. Dec 11, 2017 12:55 PM in response to: mountaingal
Re: Trouble loading Children's Picture book 8.5 x 8.5

Mountain Gal,

interesting....I have been working on an 8.5 square and have a very similar (exact?) issues. Every time it passes the automated and gets caught up in the human review. My book is comprised entirely of full bleed spreads and I think this makes the review harder since there are many, many images in the margins. Here's a  couple little things that caused rejection:

---a text descender extended into margin.

---one of the images extended into the margin, but stopped just short of the full bleed border

Good Luck!

Jennifer

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...