Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
973 Views 3 Replies Last post: Mar 3, 2018 12:27 PM by Lighthouse24 RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Mar 8, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 25, 2018 12:00 PM

Help with getting book more attention

Greetings!

I am very new to this and would greatly appreciate assistance with getting my book more attention. I am currently limited monetarily, but would be so very grateful for some advice, tips, understandings of how I can market, get my book more attention and into the hands of folks all over the world!

I'm quite certain that my book has a profound measure of  potential with helping people of all ages, sizes, colors, backgrounds,  etc. A little description would be that it begins with a story that's a poem with illustrations about a girl and how she finds a way to  defeat tough Life experiences. That is followed by pages that are of  illustrations and poems that are affirmations and Life Living tips that can be  colored.

In advance, thank you for assistance/guidance with this!

I have it listed here: https://www.amazon.com/Learn-Live-Life-You-Love/dp/1979308403/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510633059&sr=8-1&keywords=Learn+to+live+a+life+you+love&dpID=41856nT-azL&preST=_SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

Blessings To All,

Much Love,

Emily

Level 5 12,995 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
1. Jan 26, 2018 9:46 AM in response to: emzilee
Re: Help with getting book more attention

emzilee wrote:

...my book has a profound measure of potential with helping people of all ages, sizes, colors, backgrounds,  etc... defeat tough Life experiences.

Just not the experience of marketing a self-published book, I guess.

Yes, I'm being facetious -- to demonstrate that trying to market a book aimed at everyone everywhere to help them with everything is effectively the same as marketing to nobody at all. Even if you truly believe that the content of the book is meant for everyone, the book itself is a product being offered for sale -- and the langauge, design, format, layout, and other factors all define the type of person that this particular product would appeal to.

With that in mind, the first thing I would do is narrow your marketing focus. Who is this book (not just the messages within the content, but the product itself) REALLY aimed at?

Next, since you are "limited monetarily," you can't afford to reach those prime target readers everywhere they might be. So start local -- talk about it, get the book into the hands of one ideal person, then two, then four. Get reviews. Visualize your marketing strategy as a huge spiral in which you start at one tiny solid point in the middle and then expand infinitely outward. If you reach the right readers early on, and the book really does help them, some of them will spread the word, too (more spirals expanding outward). If you're lucky (and/or persistent), you or someone else will cross paths with a person who is influential enough to accelerate the spirals and gain attention from a larger audience.

It takes time -- there is no instant solution to marketing a book -- but this does work.

Level 1 11 posts since
May 20, 2011
2. Feb 27, 2018 11:12 AM in response to: Lighthouse24

Hi Lighthouse 24. I am in the same predicament. I have three books listed with Createspace "Financial Literacy: The Basic Requirement for Financial Freedom", "The Adventures of Mothupi" and "Avoiding mistakes that most Entrepreneurs make" and their ebook version with Amazon. I have tried twitter and facebook (book reading clubs and have spent money on book promoting online groups) with very little effect. One of the books "Financial Literacy: The Basic Requirement for Financial Freedom" is selling about 10 copies every month on Createspace and an average of 5 ebooks per month at Xinxi.com.

I have run out of tactics to increase the volumes. The other book "The Adventures of Mothupi" is an equally interesting young adult fiction book but is not doing that well.

Locally (South Africa) I have managed to sell about 600 copies of each of the three books. I really need the international online market. Given the explanation above, what else can I do? Which affordable and reputable online book promoting/marketing platforms can you recommend?

Regards

Level 5 12,995 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
3. Mar 3, 2018 12:27 PM in response to: Jabama

Jabama wrote:

I really need the international online market. Given the explanation above, what else can I do? Which affordable and reputable online book promoting/marketing platforms can you recommend?

If you've exhausted all the marketing ideas presented under the "Free Publishing Resources" tab at the top of this page, I'm not sure what else I can offer. We don't really use "online book promoting/marketing platforms," so I don't have any I can recommend. (Our books are aimed at very specific niche markets, and just the day before yesterday we celebrated 30 years since our first release -- so we've been working at building that reader base for quite awhile. Unfortunately, I don't know any good shortcuts for getting that done.)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...