This discussion is archived
949 Views 9 Replies Last post: Jan 29, 2018 2:20 PM by Lorem_Ipsum RSS
Level 0 32 posts since
Jan 12, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 25, 2018 9:46 AM

Order books and still not shipped

Hello All;

I placed an order for 10-Books on the 22nd of January.

Today is the 25th of January.

Still no confirmation on shipping.

When I ordered my proof, I got confirmation of shipped

The very next day, and had the book 3-days after order.

What is the time schedule for a small order such as this, to get shipped?

Thanks, Wayne

Level 3 854 posts since
Jul 18, 2009
2. Jan 25, 2018 1:04 PM in response to: carrzkiss
Re: Order books and still not shipped

Not a hundred percent sure what is happening with CS lately but I got pretty much the same sort of exaggerated ETA for my order placed on Jan 7. ETA March 13! It was an age before I finally got the email stating they had been shipped, Jan 20, then BAM, they turn up in Australia on Jan 23rd!!!! So I think there is some lengthy delays between emails only, not production and shipping. My order can only have been shipped way before the notification to reach here three days later. I haven't received the rest the other half of my order yet, but I am no longer concerned. Hope this alleviates your concerns a little.

Joe.

Level 5 3,872 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
3. Jan 25, 2018 5:17 PM in response to: carrzkiss

I ordered 5 copies of one of my titles on January 16, the order was shipped on January 20 and it was delivered on Jan 23.  I selected the slowest shipping option.  The shipping charges were $7.95.  I see nothing at all wrong with this level of service.  The books were printed in Lexington, KY on the 18th.  I had a tracking number, even with the least expensive delivery option.  I do not understand why I would receive such wonderful service and others are here complaining about the slow turnaround, something weird is happening.

I ordered 4 copies of that same book from IngramSpark on the same date.  That order has not yet even been shipped.  The shipping charges will be $5.45 and the "handling fee" will be $1.99.  I also chose the slowest/least expensive shipping option there.  It will NOT be trackable and if it gets lost in the mail, I will be out the money as IS does not honor a "lost in shipping" problem.

Dan'l

Level 5 19,154 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
5. Jan 28, 2018 8:42 AM in response to: carrzkiss

Although things might be worse these days, what has been fairly consistent is that proof orders print and ship quickly.  Other orders, especially for quantities of specific titles, take more times, often several weeks, to print and ship.

My advice on quantitiy orders:

• Order as early as possible
  • Order more copies than you need
    • I assume 1-2% spoilage, but be prepared for 100% (both from experience)
  • If you order 100 or more copies, divide the order up into smaller orders, say 50 per order
  • Examine every copy when you receive them
    • Wear cotton gloves and be gentle . . . no finger prints, no bruising
      • Either try to get replacement copies for defective books or
      • Use defective books as give-aways

Given the spam here, come on over to  selfpublishingforum.  It's free.  Many of us who answer questions here are active there.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Level 4 2,935 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
7. Jan 28, 2018 5:06 PM in response to: walton

I use kid gloves myself. They're also useful for handling difficult people.

Level 5 19,154 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
8. Jan 29, 2018 7:17 AM in response to: Lorem_Ipsum

Aren't the kid gloves too small?

W

Level 4 2,935 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
9. Jan 29, 2018 2:20 PM in response to: walton

Same size as Trump's, that I can tell you. Believe me.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...