Skip navigation
176 Views 2 Replies Last post: Feb 10, 2018 8:08 AM by walton RSS
Level 0 9 posts since
Dec 18, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 9, 2018 11:25 AM

Selling a book

One thing that I'm rather confused on is when I do put a book up for sale on Amazon, how are the orders filled? I'm extremely confused on the process and would just like an explanation of how it works.

Level 5 5,321 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Feb 9, 2018 4:48 PM in response to: Mr_Good_Guy
Re: Selling a book

If you use CreateSpace or another Print On Demand service, then when Amazon receives an order, they turn around and order a copy from the printer. The printer produces the copy and ships it, then reports the sale to you.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 5 19,386 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
2. Feb 10, 2018 8:08 AM in response to: Mr_Good_Guy
Re: Selling a book

Also, you will probably see that when your book is up on Amazon, there will be a few people/stores who claim to have your book for sale, used, and some astounding price.  You did not lose a sale. This happens to most of us, and it's a question that gets asked (pre-spam) about two or three times a month.

Speaking of spam . . .

Given the spam here, come on over to  selfpublishingforum.  It's free.  Many of us who answer questions here are active there.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...