Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
570 Views 4 Replies Last post: Feb 13, 2018 5:22 PM by Oreohelix RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Feb 12, 2018
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 12, 2018 6:58 AM

Is it possible to add the book name on cover creator?

Hi,

I´m selfpublishing my book and I´m trying to create my cover with cover creator using my own pictures, but when i finished I have not the possibility to indroduce text (book name, author) in the Spine. I have olnly the option to change the color of the spine.

Does it mean it will be printed without text at the Spine or Amzaon will add it ???

I haven´t seen a book yet without text at the spine, i´m a litlle confused.

Thanks for help in advance!!

Level 4 2,558 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
1. Feb 12, 2018 7:00 AM in response to: Helpoo
Re: Is it possible to add the book name on cover creator?

If your book has less than 100 pages there will not be enough space on the spine to add text, so in those cases Cover Creator doesn't allow the option.

Level 5 19,170 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
3. Feb 12, 2018 7:30 AM in response to: Helpoo

There are ways to expand your page count, which do not look obvious, if done right: front matter (half title/blank, full title/copyright, dedication/blank, acknowledgment page, etc.),  and design and formatting (font choice, font size, leading (interlinear spacing), letter and word spacing, margins), section breaks within chapters, etc.).

Take a look at Type and Typography, link below.

Also . . . you can make your own cover.  This is a 30 page tutorial with step by step screen shots.

Given the spam here, come on over to  selfpublishingforum.  It's free.  Many of us who answer questions here are active there.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Level 4 2,558 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
4. Feb 13, 2018 5:22 PM in response to: Helpoo

Ah, yes, correct,you have to load your interior before it can calculate spine width and allow the option to add text there.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...