Skip navigation
391 Views 2 Replies Last post: Feb 17, 2018 8:37 PM by lipmag RSS
Level 0 5 posts since
May 15, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 16, 2018 8:41 AM

Missing the CS Professional Services

Over my last four books, I had worked with a CS project team in creating each of my book covers.  I have received great reviews and applause at book signings about their work.  Do not underestimated the power of your cover. I have had fellow authors ask me where they were created.  As I worked on releasing my fifth book, I was disheartened to learn that I could no longer rely on a professional from Create Space.   No I am struggling to create a quality PDF that CS printer can follow. If I knew where the pros went, I would follow them.  

Level 5 19,527 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
1. Feb 16, 2018 9:05 AM in response to: Wayniac
Re: Missing the CS Professional Services

Take a look at Make Your Own Cover, a free, 30-page tutorial on how to make your own cover.  There are also companies like https://www.selfpubbookcovers.com/ that do a good job for not much money.

Given the spam here, come on over to  selfpublishingforum.  It's free.  Many of us who answer questions here are active there.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Level 5 15,645 posts since
May 4, 2008
2. Feb 17, 2018 8:37 PM in response to: Wayniac
Re: Missing the CS Professional Services

Wayniac wrote:

If I knew where the pros went, I would follow them.

We're all going over here: http://www.selfpublishingforum.com

Michelle

-—--—--—

Odyssey Publishing -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Odyssey Books -- quality fiction and non-fiction -- where books are an adventure!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...