Skip navigation
3,339 Views 16 Replies Last post: Apr 17, 2018 1:55 PM by JoeLuvs2Write RSS Go to original post
  1 2 Previous Next
Level 0 2 posts since
Apr 27, 2014
Currently Being Moderated
15. Feb 27, 2018 10:36 AM in response to: Mattman
Re: Book suppressed

Thank you!!

Level 0 1 posts since
Nov 2, 2012
Currently Being Moderated
16. Apr 17, 2018 1:55 PM in response to: PPD92
Re: Book suppressed

Yesterday evening, while checking my sales ranking on Amazon, I realized my most recent title was suppressed. I called CreateSpace and was told to contact the Content Validation Request team <validation-request@createspace.com>.

In my email response to them, I explained that I was the copyright holder. I also informed them that I am an active blogger. I gave them my blog address and explained that I optimize my blog content relating to chapters of my book to increase the online and social media visibility of my book. Because of this, Amazon's algorithms might not be able to detect or differentiate between which version(s) (original source & related works) to include/exclude from their copyright infringement searches.

This afternoon, less than 24hrs later, my book is currently available. Interestingly, I did not receive a response explaining why my book was suppressed and why it was restored. Even so, I am happy the resolution turnaround time was quick.

Stay diligent. Be polite in your response to the Content Validation team, as they have the power to determine how/when/if your book will sell. Lastly, be sure to keep backups of all your writings. A simple email to self will suffice.

I wish everyone the best!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...