Skip navigation

This Question is Not Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 1 "helpful" answer available (5 pts)
1,562 Views 20 Replies Last post: Mar 9, 2018 1:14 PM by JohnFar RSS Go to original post
  1 2 Previous Next
Level 5 15,637 posts since
May 4, 2008
Currently Being Moderated
15. Mar 7, 2018 3:49 PM in response to: JohnFar
Re: Things getting worse

JohnFar wrote:

Yes, that is about what I thought. On the other hand, I did not know that amazon.com.br exists. Just for curiosity, I tried to find out about their shipping rates to Peru. But when I filled in a Peruvian address, I got a message that they could not ship to that address.

Have you tried ordering through The Book Depository (TBD) to Peru? They have free international shipping.

Meanwhile, my issue with Createspace is getting worse. Not only do they not reply to my inquiry over a week ago; they seem now to have blocked further support requests from my account!!!

At this point I'd definitely be jumping ship to IngramSpark. You can supply books to TBD with as little as 35% discount instead of the 60% discount CS EDC takes.

Michelle

-—--—--—

Odyssey Publishing -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Odyssey Books -- quality fiction and non-fiction -- where books are an adventure!

Level 5 15,637 posts since
May 4, 2008
17. Mar 8, 2018 3:41 PM in response to: JohnFar
Re: Things getting worse

IngramSpark automatically supplies TBD if you enable distrbution -- in fact they list pretty much everywhere: Amazon, B&N, and other online and brick & mortar booksellers around the world.

To get your own books from IS, they should be able to ship to South America, but I have no idea about timing or shipping costs.

If you want to order from TBD, you'd still have to pay the retail price, but you'd get some money back in royalties.

It might be worth investigating local printers too -- while print on demand is great for not having to store inventory and spend more money upfront, it's less cost and possibly less hassle in the long run.

Sorry I can't think of any other workarounds for you.

Michelle

-—--—--—

Odyssey Publishing -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Odyssey Books -- quality fiction and non-fiction -- where books are an adventure!

Level 2 116 posts since
Sep 19, 2017
19. Mar 9, 2018 12:10 PM in response to: JohnFar
Re: Shipping to South America, anyone else?

I've just checked my I-S account, when I go to the section for an individual title and go to the pricing section for various markets, there is a "Brazil partner network" listed at which I had set the price for copies in Brazil.  I don't know how you would order author copies though unless you set yourself up with a bookstore account (maybe you can find a friendly bookseller to order from you at the wholesale price from Brazil?  I also don't know whether shipping from Brazil to Peru is better than from the US to Peru.

One possibility would be double-shipping, i.e. get a US mailing address from a private company (such as the UPS store) and pay them to receive the books in the US and mail them to Peru (you could buy them from either Amazon or I-S in the US.)

Just some thoughts, I can't really think of how to help.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...