Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

7,954 Views 21 Replies Last post: Sep 1, 2018 2:47 AM by WalterB RSS Go to original post
  1 2 Previous Next
Level 2 248 posts since
Jun 20, 2017
Currently Being Moderated
16. Apr 15, 2018 10:46 AM in response to: damouk23
Re: Createspace vs KDP

I haven't seen this change. However, I generally manage my book descriptions through Author Central. I don't find the KDP descriptions very handsome at all, nor very consistent in how they turn out. This means that I must republish my Author Central description each time I upload a new version on the KDP platform (because the KDP description replaces the Author Central one) but that's a very small annoyance. Well worth it IMHO because of the control Author Central gives us over how it will look, with the assurance of a preview.

Good luck! -- NJ

Notjohn's Guide to E-Book & Print Formatting: https://viewbook.at/notjohn

The blog: https://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com

Level 0 63 posts since
Jan 6, 2013
17. Aug 23, 2018 2:55 AM in response to: damouk23

There may be a new factor... some of us are having major problems with CS suppressing our books due to suspected violations of publishing rights. This appears to be a bot problem and the process is untouched by human hands, with folks getting caught in a loop. You satisfy their "request.," the book gets released, then a day or two later it gets suppressed again. Based on forum posts, no one has found a good solution within CS.

At least one person has reported switching to KDP where the problem doesn't seem to exist. I'm not anxious to do that for some of the reasons suggested in this comparison, but desperate times may call for desperate measures. I'm on a tight publishing deadline and really can't afford to suffer a lot of meaningless delay.

Level 1 61 posts since
Jan 12, 2010
18. Aug 23, 2018 5:31 AM in response to: Notjohn

Has anyone here actually read the KDP TERMS?

Level 0 9 posts since
Jul 30, 2008
19. Aug 31, 2018 10:37 AM in response to: damouk23

About 3 hours after the "exciting announcement", the CreateSpace and KDP Team emailed publishers: "Once you’re on KDP, you’ll only be able to publish or change books in languages KDP supports."  KDP's "Help > CreateSpace and KDP to Become One Service > Differences between CreateSpace and KDP > Supported languages" contains similar messages: "CreateSpace supports some languages that KDP doesn't." KDP is actually able to print books written in languages not listed in KDP "Supported Languages". https://forums.createspace.com/en/community/thread/361601

Level 0 13 posts since
Apr 28, 2015
20. Sep 1, 2018 2:28 AM in response to: WalterB

@Walter

My books usually get supressed immediately, simply because I sell them on my OWN website too. I see it is an automated process.

But I reply, with a standard-mail now, explaining:
This is my website, Here is the link to my book,

here is the Autorh name on the website.

Usually they respond within 24 hours and the books is ready to release then, never had any major problem.

I understand it could be a bigger problem if you have your book with the same titel and author already released, including an ISBN, before.For us it is just that parts of the review/introduction can be seen on the web. The book has not been released before.

But it is not completely automated, to my understanding. Kind of loop of course, cause once I got the same respond again. If you explain, it usually worked (for me)

Level 0 63 posts since
Jan 6, 2013
21. Sep 1, 2018 2:47 AM in response to: damouk23

Basic comparision:

• Createspace is dying.
  • KDP is alive and will likely feature the worst of both.

Not sure there's much more to this discussion.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...