Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

1 "helpful" answer available (5 pts)
507 Views 3 Replies Last post: Nov 16, 2018 10:48 AM by Hey_Lynnie RSS
Level 0 123 posts since
May 31, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 15, 2018 11:16 AM

Quesion about having a sale over Black Friday

I would like to have all my books on Amazon at 50% off from Black Friday thru Cyber Monday. How do I set this up?

Level 5 5,668 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Nov 15, 2018 1:06 PM in response to: thestoryguy
Re: Quesion about having a sale over Black Friday

You can't, really. The publisher (you) only controls the retail list price. The actual sale price is up to each retailer, like Amazon. They can choose to discount their products (or not discount them) as they see fit. The publisher has no control over this.

You can run a sale on your own website, if you like.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
https://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 1 9 posts since
Feb 14, 2009
2. Nov 15, 2018 3:33 PM in response to: Seisa

Sure, you can run a Black Friday sale on your website.  But good luck trying to get your orders processed in less than three weeks.  Even if you decided right now, this second, to mail them out yourself and stock enough copies to meet the anticipated demand, you wouldn't get them in time for Black Friday.  Not even if you were willing to pay for overnight shipping.

Level 0 5 posts since
Nov 25, 2015
3. Nov 16, 2018 10:48 AM in response to: thestoryguy

Since you specify 'on Amazon,' yes, in theory you can (the other replies above were about other stores, your own website, you posting them out etc).

You can change the price you sell on Amazon any time you like, down to the lower limit specified on Createspace's member dashboard. Click on Pricing within the project you want; you can alter and save that without changing anything else.

However - I've just responded to another post, as I've tried to do this myself, and another author has had exactly the same problem as me: it updates on Amazon UK immediately, and the full price quoted on the Kindle page on the US site, but the US paperback page price remains the same. Very frustrating, as I always do a price drop from Black Friday through to New Year.

Sorry - don't know how to make it work!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...