Skip navigation
11,721 Views 104 Replies Last post: Dec 5, 2018 8:50 AM by Glasses-G33k RSS Go to original post
  1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next
Level 2 400 posts since
Mar 8, 2017
Currently Being Moderated
90. Jul 27, 2018 6:08 AM in response to: Rosie1960
Re: Who else writes poetry?

Rosie1960 wrote:

Hi Ann

How are you? Long time no news, just wondering is it better to publish in Amazon than with createspace?

I thought all was ok, but I notice it was still draft in amaxon. Arent they linked? Im so confused.

Pls advise. Thank you in advance

Margaret Rose

Hi Margaret, I can't tell you which is better as I always use CS & will continue to do so until they close down & fully make the switch to KDP print. It could still be a while yet but from the latest news regarding the DVD services, it seems as though the changeover will be painless.

From all I've read (here & in Kboards Writer's Cafe), it seems as though CS does distribute to a slightly wider audience.

They are both Amazon but separate arms of the body

You don't say how long it's been in draft, if it's more than a few days, I personally, would cancel that & go with CS but be aware that they've been having delays too due to a backlog.

I'm doing ok, thanks for asking, I hope you are well.

I'm currently gearing up for a big promo on my fantasy book (Witch Spelling) which starts on Aug 1st, I've reduced the price to 99p but the 99c price hasn't kicked in yet, so I'm nervously waiting for that as I need it to happen before the 1st Aug. They say it can take up to 72 hours, then when you get the email to say it's live, it can still take 24 hours to show the new price on the sales page. It's exciting to be a part of the promo though, over 100 authors are discounting a fantasy book to 99p/99c.

Level 1 62 posts since
Feb 1, 2018
91. Jul 27, 2018 7:14 AM in response to: Acheknia

Its been months ...draft in Amazon. I just leave it alone?  How do i participate in the 99c?  So far nuthing zero sales. Whats my cost for my book if its 8.99? I like to purchase a copy.

Level 2 400 posts since
Mar 8, 2017
92. Jul 27, 2018 10:09 AM in response to: Rosie1960

Rosie1960 wrote:

Its been months ...draft in Amazon. I just leave it alone?  How do i participate in the 99c?  So far nuthing zero sales. Whats my cost for my book if its 8.99? I like to purchase a copy.

Months is far too long. Did you complete every step? It shouldn't be in draft or do you mean in review?

Is there anything to say why it's not complete (suppressed etc).

If you completed every step of the setup & it's still in review, then email support & try to find out what the problem is.

I wouldn't wait that long for something that should only take a couple of days.

The 99p/99c promo was only open to 300 authors who are participating in the SPFBO4 competition & it was only for fantasy books, so far 104 of those 300 are lowering the price of their entered book for 5 days.

It's an annual event so if you write a fantasy novel or novella (no short stories) then you might be able to get in next year.

I'm not sure how much your book would cost, you'd have to check the price for author copies, or see what is the lowest price you can set it to & then order it in the same way a customer would once the price change takes effect, this would mean that others could also purchase at that price until you raise it again. This is the best way if you want a real copy & not a proof copy.

Apparently proof copies have PROOF stamped in the back of the book but I never order those, I lower the price & buy from Amazon because I get them much quicker (less than a week instead of a month or more) & I get free postage if I spend a certain amount.

Level 1 62 posts since
Feb 1, 2018
93. Jul 28, 2018 7:40 AM in response to: Acheknia

Hi Ann,

Thank you for a very great message. A box comes up saying if i want to publish in Amazon you should understand that it will be removed in CS. Omg this was for my book Love comes love goes. Although its in draft for paperback version but its available if someone orders?

Level 2 400 posts since
Mar 8, 2017
94. Jul 28, 2018 9:59 AM in response to: Rosie1960

Rosie1960 wrote:

Hi Ann,

Thank you for a very great message. A box comes up saying if i want to publish in Amazon you should understand that it will be removed in CS. Omg this was for my book Love comes love goes. Although its in draft for paperback version but its available if someone orders?

Hi, yes, that makes sense, or you would have 2 the same on the same selling site.

If it's already in CS, then you may as well unpublish the KDP one (if available for sale) or cancel (if in draft).

It shouldn't be for sale if it's not been approved by you & them

The only one I can find for sale is the Createspace one, so I'd just cancel the draft one or don't approve it, you probably can't delete it but I have one I unpublished when I started out, it will always be there but isn't for sale as I decided to do it on CS instead 

Level 0 1 posts since
Jun 17, 2018
95. Jul 31, 2018 4:15 PM in response to: southernpoet86

I am preparing to publish my first book of poetry. I have posted most of my poems as notes on Facebook to friends and family. I usually get only one or two likes from close family members so if that is any indication of future sales I could be discouraged but I'm not. My main concern is simply to be published. My daughter actually works for a local publishing house but I am leaning toward CreateSpace as I believe the book will get more exposure through Amazon. I am currently searching for more information about CreateSpace as a company. Thank you for your post!

Level 1 62 posts since
Feb 1, 2018
96. Aug 23, 2018 9:09 PM in response to: Acheknia

Hi Ann

So sorry for such a late reply.  Been busy with other stuff,personal mostly.

I think I shall cancel it in Amazon.

Thank you and you have a wonderful day

Blessings

Margaret

Level 2 400 posts since
Mar 8, 2017
97. Aug 24, 2018 4:08 PM in response to: Rosie1960

Rosie1960 wrote:

Hi Ann

So sorry for such a late reply.  Been busy with other stuff,personal mostly.

I think I shall cancel it in Amazon.

Thank you and you have a wonderful day

Blessings

Margaret

Hi Margaret,

No need to apologise, the great thing about written messages is that they just sit there until seen or until it's convenient

Thanks for wishes & I hope you have a lovely day too.

Level 0 5 posts since
Nov 7, 2013
98. Sep 2, 2018 5:45 AM in response to: southernpoet86

I write some poetry and prose,

But no much of income rose;

Author Galina B Nelson

P.S. you can find my books of poetry Eternal Love and Mother's Heart on Amazon. Please, share your works!

I also have some prose - contemporary fairytales and famtasy.

Level 0 1 posts since
Feb 7, 2012
99. Sep 4, 2018 4:44 AM in response to: Laponia

Hi my pen name is John Lennon Cohen and I have 4 titles published through CreateSpace and are all available on Amazon. One of my titles is Nothing Rhymes which is a book of poetry that no one seems to have any interest. My other titles are 2 novels, Growing Up and **** Has No Fury

and my latest work is a Screenplay Laurentic. Would anyone here have any tips on 'How to get my work noticed? They are up there on Amazon and I never seem to get even a click on any of my titles.

Wishing everyone here great success in whatever you do and hopefully the transition over to the new KDP is smooth and successful

Sincerely

John Lennon Cohen

aka Dominic McKevitt

Level 0 2 posts since
Sep 4, 2018
100. Sep 4, 2018 3:06 PM in response to: southernpoet86

My sister tried this genre some time ago and it was a tough sell. Unless you are just doing it for the passion of it. However, love/romance are always the ones that sell the most. Know your audience.

Level 0 1 posts since
Sep 11, 2018
101. Sep 11, 2018 2:56 AM in response to: southernpoet86

If you want some really good poetry in hindi then you can check my website where I've shared tons of poetry in hindi language.

Level 0 2 posts since
Sep 11, 2018
102. Sep 11, 2018 11:27 PM in response to: southernpoet86

Helpful post

Level 0 7 posts since
Apr 12, 2011
103. Sep 12, 2018 6:26 PM in response to: southernpoet86

I’ve published many poetry books through Createspace. I find getting out in the real world and sharing at open mics tends to be good as people can sample and be moved by your words before they buy. I’ve sold more books in person than online.

Level 0 1 posts since
Feb 3, 2017
104. Dec 5, 2018 8:50 AM in response to: southernpoet86

I write poetry and in fact published my first book on here, it's titled, "My Bests" (a bit of a joke since the grammar is incorrect on the title page) but I'm extremely proud of it. 😊 And here I seriously thought that I was the only one who published poetry on here ( other than mabey a few well known industry authors seriptiously publishing their own poetry under an assumed name. ;-).  It's nice to know I'm not the only one and that poetry isn't a lost relic of the past. =-)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...