Skip navigation
424 Views 4 Replies Last post: Nov 30, 2018 4:35 AM by Seisa RSS
Level 0 16 posts since
Feb 11, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 11, 2018 6:49 AM

book's price not updating

I've published a book on createspace and have reduced the price but on the Amazon sales page the price remains the same. When I go to my  kindle bookshelf the price shown is the lower one but when I click on the view on Amazon US link I'm taken to a page where the former higher price is listed. It's been this way for about a week.

Level 0 5 posts since
Nov 25, 2015
1. Nov 16, 2018 10:38 AM in response to: JimmyN
Re: book's price not updating

I've got exactly the same problem. I always drop the price for the run up to the festivities; it updated immediately on Amazon UK, but on .com - as stated above - it shows the new price on the Kindle page but not on the paperback's actual page or at checkout.

I've just gone in and saved it again, but not very hopeful. Anyone got ideas? CS?

Level 2 249 posts since
Nov 28, 2008
2. Nov 16, 2018 4:48 PM in response to: Hey_Lynnie

I've got the same problem also.  I was able to update the price on one of my KDP paperbacks just fine a couple of weeks ago, but now when changing the price back to the original price, it won't update.  Shows as updated in my KDP dashboard, but not on Amazon.com.   Called support.  They said it happens sometimes in rare cases, but it would be easy enough for tech support to fix and that it would be updated within 24-48 hours.  No dice.  Didn't update.  So, now I tried to update the price again (by a few cents) hoping the change would re-attempt going through whatever pathway price changes go through.  Still no dice though.  The book was converted from CreateSpace to KDP Print a few months ago.

Level 5 5,668 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
4. Nov 30, 2018 4:35 AM in response to: JimmyN

JimmyN wrote:

...but I've no way of verifying this.

Sure you do. What's the link? There are many of us in the US who could verify it for you.

But I'll tell you now that support is correct; if you visit an Amazon site from a different country, it detects the IP you're using and shows you a converted price, not what those inside that country would see. You can use a VPN spoof service to make the website think you're in the US and then you'd see it exactly as I do.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
https://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...