Skip navigation

Active Polls in Marketing

Below is a list of active polls in Marketing.

Poll Author Votes Comments Started Ends
Are You Preparing for Holiday Sales of Your Work? CreateSpaceKate 403 17 Nov 12, 2009 Open Ended

Are You Preparing for Holiday Sales of Your Work?

Yes, I've created a Holiday Edition of my work. (5%)
Yes, I'm creating holiday-themed promotional materials to give away. (5%)
Yes, I'm stuffing stockings with copies of my work. (9%)
Yes, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixon are ready to go. (5%)
I haven't even thought about it yet. (54%)
Bah, Humbug (22%)
Total Votes: 403
Nov 12, 2009 1:01 PM Ed_C    says:

Yep...  fueling up my reindeer right this minute!  I'm gonna go with what I'm calling the Christmas Eve sale that's good NOW through 12/24/09 on one or more copies of "The Money-Saving Idea Book."

The discount code is:

YNTPC9PX

Please see my site:  http://ApplecreekBooks.weebly.com

Nov 12, 2009 7:59 PM peaceCENTER    says:
We actually did "rush" two of our books through publication so that they would be available for holiday giving. (Rush meaning that I worked on them a lot more intensely than I would have otherwise.)
Nov 15, 2009 1:00 PM Guavinway    says:

I'm trying to rush my book "The Marlin Run" for publication before the Holydays. It's a great gift for fishermen, hunters and fun loving people of all ages.

Lots of luck to all!

Nov 21, 2009 7:00 AM Ed_C    says:

I forgot to mention in my post above that the "Christmas Eve Sale" is a 24% off sale.  It's good NOW through 12/24/09 on one or more copies of "The Money-Saving Idea Book."

The discount code is:

YNTPC9PX

Dec 5, 2009 5:30 PM Ali-baba    says in response to Ed_C:
Ed, I like your web page. Very nice! And so professional looking!
Dec 9, 2009 9:46 AM Ed_C    says in response to Ali-baba:

Thanks for the compliment!  So often, people (including me!) tend to only find negative things to say.

I've also added a section at the bottom of my home page so people can more easily see how to redeem a discount code.

I'm phasing out discount codes soon, but there are still some like the "Christmas Eve Sale"   (a 24% off sale)  that's good NOW through 12/24/09 on one or more copies of "The Money-Saving Idea Book."

The discount code is:

YNTPC9PX

Dec 10, 2009 11:14 AM Punkeydunker    says:
I just got my book, The Men of the USS Utah, The Forgotten Ship of Pearl Harbor, uploaded.  I would have liked to have gotten it done before December 7th the 68th anniversary of Pearl Harbor.  But I guess getting it done in December will do.  Many family members have been waiting for it to come out.  It tells about the entire crew with individual stories, photos and information on each one.  Hope this will be a nice Christmas Present for the men and their families.
Dec 11, 2009 8:36 PM philruns    says:
If everything was ready to go, Santa and his elves may have been delivering some copies of "Chasing Ghosts" to lucky friends and family members.
Dec 13, 2009 8:10 PM Enmmylou    says in response to philruns:
I received by books in time for Chhristmas thanks to Createspace.   I'm thilled with the resulets of my Poetry bbo, Inspirations and Reflections!  Now how dot I get some orders coming in?  Can anyone give me some successful tips?? I have written the book, it si self-published by Createspace, No what do I do? 
Dec 13, 2009 9:10 PM MidiVox    says:

Hi All,

I did a discount code for Thanksgiving, and for Xmas I include a gift certificate good for I Free Voice Lesson, Online with purchase of my new singing course. Teach Yourself Singing If You Can Talk You Can Sing.

Happy Holidays Books

Timothy Kelly

Teach Yourself Singing If You Can Talk You Can Sing

www.teachyourselfsinging.com

Dec 17, 2009 5:36 AM Ed_C    says in response to Ed_C:

Just to update those who might be interested, it's now possible to buy this book (and many other of my titles) through BarnesAndNoble.com   

...and, the last time I checked, they were discounting the books by 28% with no discount code needed.

So, "The Money-Saving Idea Book"... list price $14.88, is available for the moment anyway, at $10.71 plus any shipping.*

(*They offer free shipping on orders of a certain amount, just like other major retailers.)

Dec 20, 2009 6:02 PM chaz8842    says:
I enjoy giving away my books as a present to those who truely enjoy reading a good book. Merry Christmas you all and remember who's birthday it is.
Feb 6, 2010 4:27 AM THEAR    says:

LIKE SANTA CLAUS,  lyric, sheet music, demo on tape.

Apr 3, 2010 6:56 AM eddyo88    says:

Easter bunny is coming

Apr 6, 2010 8:46 AM Victoria_Newton    says:

I am excited about the 20 percent discount through April 16. I am thrilled to purchased my very first book.

May 21, 2013 8:47 AM EelKat    says:

I always do holiday editions of my books, plus I write special holiday stories. I'm a romance/erotica/horror writer, so I write a set of short stories for each holiday - Easter, Valentines, Mothers Day, Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc - I try to have a new book (each with 3 to 13 short stories - depending on leangth) for each holiday. So I'll have a book that's all Horror stories for Valentines one year and one that's all erotica another year, etc. My goal is to release no less than 4 new books a year, each one released just bfore a major holiday. (The secret to sales, is not promotion of one book, but rather, writing mass amounts of books and letting Amazons "If you like this you might also like these" do the work for you, because the more books you have out, the more times your books get recommended by Amazon!)

Also, I put my books on sale before the holidays, and I give out free signed review copies via LibraryThing, and I do book signings at local book stores and libraries. Holidays are busy, busy busy for me, because there are three times of the year when my sales are the highest and that's: Halloween, Christmas, and Easter, (June, July, August being the lowest) so I make sure I do all I can in November, September, and March to help boost the holiday sales.

Sep 24, 2013 1:06 PM banner44    says:

I need some ideas for my 21 new books for children on pet care.  The books are titled,  "I Want A Pet....."  there are 21 different pets, perfect for siblings that desire a different pet.  Each book has care topics, and fun puzzles, fill in the misssing vowels, mazes, questions and answers and even a care chart.  Although the books are not only meant for Christmas.