Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
3,042 Views 3 Replies Last post: Aug 13, 2010 2:06 PM by Starfish RSS
Level 0 4 posts since
Aug 3, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 13, 2010 8:29 AM

PDF Creation Logo???

Create Space states:"We do not accept files which contain a PDF Creation Logo, please remove them prior to submission."

I am using an Adobe PDF file and it does have this name at the top of the file. Does the statement above mean that CS won't accept my file?  If so, does anyone know how I remove this from my file?

Thanks so much for any help!

Level 5 9,278 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
1. Aug 13, 2010 8:49 AM in response to: HisMasterpiece
Re: PDF Creation Logo???

What software are you using?  I believe what the CS guideline is refering to is a logo/watermark that may sometimes be placed on a PDF by a trial version of software, or by a pre-press service.  For example, when I create a press-ready PDF for a client to review, it has a logo/watermark embedded that is removed once the client accepts and pays for the work.  Although anything can be hacked, the only legitimate way to remove these logos is to license the software or pay for the service (as the case may be).

Hope that helps.  Best wishes.

Level 3 290 posts since
Jul 9, 2010
3. Aug 13, 2010 2:06 PM in response to: HisMasterpiece
Re: PDF Creation Logo???

If there were a logo or a watermark, you would certainly notice it when you created the PDF.  The software you used would make it very prominent -- they wouldn't want you to miss it.  But as you say, it sounds like yours is a go!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...