Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
62,992 Views 8 Replies Last post: Sep 23, 2010 4:22 PM by misshayleystarr RSS
Level 0 4 posts since
Aug 16, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 7, 2010 1:27 PM

how do i create multiple PDF page in photoshop cs5?

i'm soooo confused. i cannot figure out for the life of me how to format a multiple PDF page of my images. 

i only see an option in CS5 to create PDFs one at a time. can anyone shed some light?

i also have bridge, but each time i try to create PDF in that app, it formats them a few to a page instead of just one per page.

heeeelp!

thanks,

h*

Level 5 13,405 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
1. Sep 7, 2010 2:23 PM in response to: misshayleystarr
Re: how do i create multiple PDF page in photoshop cs5?

My first thought is to PLACE them into InDesign, one image to a page, and then create the PDF from there.

Seal

Level 5 14,279 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
2. Sep 7, 2010 2:52 PM in response to: misshayleystarr

If you have CS5 as in CreativeSuite5, then you have InDesign and Acrobat, and, as Seal suggested, solutions along those lines.  If you have Photoshop CS5, you don't have InDesign nor Acrobat, and you need another solution(s).

I also presume that you intend "how to format a multiple PDF page of my images" to mean that you want a number of pages in a PDF that contain some number of images.

In Photoshop you can convert/save and image in PDF format, and that is one page.  PS opens one image file at a time; although you can have multiple files open, it does not combine them, as you could in InDesign, or Acrobat.

If I understand the problem, you should save your image files as JPGs, at the size you intend to use them.  If these are full page size (bleeds, with text), they can be saved as PDF files, and combined in Acrobat or some other PDF conversion program that permits creating a single PDF file from multiple PDF files. This sort of approach, however, produces very big files, and it is easy to exceed the 100MB limit.  If your images do not bleed 3 sides, so that type could be placed below or above the images, not only will your file be much smaller, but you'll have better control. To do this you would build your book in InDesign; inserting the pictures where you want them, add text, and ultimately export to PDF.  If you do not have InDesign, you'll have to use another program.  Desktop publishing programs are best, but you can build your book in OpenOffice, which is stable and has a good PDF conversion program built in, or even Word, which is not as stable, and you will have to get conversion program--there are quite a few free ones available.

If I have misunderstood the problem, let me know.

Walton

Mechanics & Punctuation free, 20 page guide to everything punctuation

Build Your Book free 98 page guide to designing your book 

Contact for graphics, design, and typesetting help

GIMP tutorials, GIMP, GIMP Help, excerpts from GIMP Supremacy

Level 5 11,791 posts since
May 4, 2008
3. Sep 7, 2010 6:25 PM in response to: misshayleystarr

There's a very easy way to do this if you have Acrobat. The path in Acrobat 8 is: File > Create PDF > From Multiple Files (it might be slightly different in other versions). Then browse to the folder where your single pages are kept, sort them in the correct order they will appear in your book, and save as a new PDF.

If you don't have Acrobat, check out a program called PDF Merge. If you Google it, there are free online versions, but I haven't tried them myself, so watch out they don't compress the files and make them low-res.

Michelle

_______

http://www.odysseybooks.com.au

Level 5 11,791 posts since
May 4, 2008
6. Sep 8, 2010 4:55 PM in response to: misshayleystarr

Hayley,

If you have Creative Suite 5 (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), then you should have Acrobat too. It is on a separate CD in the CS5 box. I just upgraded to CS5, and there were three CDs -- PS, INDD and AI on one disc, Acrobat on another, and a "Goodies" disc.

Michelle

_______

http://www.odysseybooks.com.au

Level 5 14,279 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
7. Sep 8, 2010 5:05 PM in response to: misshayleystarr

It's too much to go through in a post. But if you have specific questions about InDesign, PS, making your pdf, write me.

Walton

Mechanics & Punctuation free, 20 page guide to everything punctuation

Build Your Book free 98 page guide to designing your book 

Contact for graphics, design, and typesetting help

GIMP tutorials, GIMP, GIMP Help, excerpts from GIMP Supremacy

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...