This Question is Not Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts)
2,540 Views 8 Replies Last post: Jul 12, 2017 1:23 PM by coffeewriter RSS
Level 0 5 posts since
Jan 21, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 10, 2017 1:43 PM

Getting a book into the brick and mortar Amazon store

I'm hoping someone can help me with getting my books on the local author shelf at the nearby Amazon brick and mortar store. I've visited the store, but was simply handed a business card with an 800 Amazon number to contact that's a recording. I emailed the provided email and seems like my query fell into the proverbial black hole. Contacted Amazon through Author Central with no luck. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Level 2 400 posts since
Mar 8, 2017
1. Jul 10, 2017 1:57 PM in response to: coffeewriter
Re: Getting a book into the brick and mortar Amazon store

coffeewriter wrote:

I'm hoping someone can help me with getting my books on the local author shelf at the nearby Amazon brick and mortar store. I've visited the store, but was simply handed a business card with an 800 Amazon number to contact that's a recording. I emailed the provided email and seems like my query fell into the proverbial black hole. Contacted Amazon through Author Central with no luck. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

As books are only printed when ordered and paid for, I'd say you don't have a hope of that unless you buy them and ask the store manager if he/she would stock them, obviously even if they did say yes, they would want a cut of your profits from each one sold & there's no way they would pay you anything for them before selling any.

My guess is that they wouldn't even take them on sale or return at all.

Level 4 2,558 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
2. Jul 10, 2017 2:45 PM in response to: coffeewriter

Amazon bookstores are different than regular bookstores.

If your POD book is in the top X bestsellers online, they will stock it in the bookstore. Otherwise, no.  The people who work there don't make the decisions, nor can you make a deal with them the way you might do with Barnes and Noble.

Level 3 334 posts since
Feb 11, 2016
3. Jul 10, 2017 7:09 PM in response to: coffeewriter

I have read in one or more US newspapers (probably the New York Times and/or Washington Post) that the new Amazon B&M stores carry stock based on top sellers at Amazon.com.

Level 4 2,558 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
6. Jul 11, 2017 6:23 AM in response to: coffeewriter

Does the Amazon store have book signing events?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...