Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
244,218 Views 406 Replies Last post: Dec 8, 2012 6:24 PM by zgrosewc RSS Go to original post
  1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 Previous Next
Level 0 13 posts since
Apr 24, 2012
Currently Being Moderated
375. Aug 6, 2012 5:45 AM in response to: R.C.
Re: No answers to Expanded Distribution Channel questions

You are obviously being paid by C.S. to deflect attention away from their refusal to give clear answers to simple questions. YES I can expect more! When I ask a simple straight-forward question, I should get a straight-forward answer. Not four paragraphs of bull **** designed to distance C.S. from any and all responsibility.  Thank you!

Level 5 6,015 posts since
Mar 10, 2012
376. Aug 6, 2012 7:29 AM in response to: Groovyman

Really? when's my cheque get here? Any idea how much it is? Do me a favor, check your facts before you post, those of us that are active on the forums do so because we wish to help other.

Listen obviously we can't comment on CS's communication policy nor do we have any idea how or why they do what they do but there is a ton of information on the EDC program posted to these boards including this thread https://www.createspace.com/en/community/thread/23824 which you posted on the very subject in may where you received detailed explanations as to what EDC provides. To repost 3 months later and misrepresent the service in a statement such as this is a disservice to those that are actually doing the research to discover the programs features on their own.

R. C.

Level 0 13 posts since
Apr 24, 2012
377. Aug 6, 2012 8:21 AM in response to: R.C.

Wrong Again. You make it quite obvious where your loyalty lies. I am not interested in discussing anything with you since you will quite obviously try to spin any answer to benefit your agenda. I know what the responses to my three inquiries were. Spin, Spin, Spin all you want, but I'm not going to permit you to waste any more of my time. If you can convince others to buy your crap, enjoy yourself.  

Level 5 15,793 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
378. Aug 6, 2012 9:09 AM in response to: Groovyman

Simply because you are unable or unwilling to understand answers written in plain English is no reason to assume that the individual answering you in a way you choose not to accept is an individual on the CS payroll. If you notice, RC has a 4 star rating and that indicates he is one of the most respected AND helpful individuals on this forum.

Seal

Need A Job? Publish A Book! with Open Office and

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Mar 10, 2012
379. Aug 6, 2012 4:26 PM in response to: Seal

It's obvious you are not in fact looking for explanations or answers as you claimed but rather just looking to complain and post malicious statements to those who are looking to help. As for my agenda, like many of the helpful members on these forums my agenda is too help those who need it, learn more about the publishing industry and ultimately publish my book(s). If you do not want our help so be it but their is no reason to be belligerent or misleading.

I would, however like an explination as to how you feel my opinion is either uninformed or ignorant.

Have fun with your book and hopefully you do not encounter more issues as it is unlikely you will find help from the forum members if you continue to slander them.

R. C.

Level 5 7,665 posts since
Feb 1, 2008
380. Aug 6, 2012 5:09 PM in response to: R.C.

Hear! Hear!

I think we'll remember that name, R.C. and ignore any futrue problems he posts here. Slandering someone like you, or any of us, is bad form. Let him ignore EDC and see how far his book gets. He'll soon learn the hard way that his distribution and sales are very limited.

We need do no more and say no more on this subject.

Level 5 15,822 posts since
May 4, 2008
381. Aug 6, 2012 5:22 PM in response to: R.C.

Hahaha! I love the way whenever someone is told something they don't want to hear, they automatically assume the person works for CS. If that were true, we wouldn't be allowed to say a tenth of what we post here. I would have been fired years ago! LOL!!

Michelle

Level 0 43 posts since
May 30, 2009
382. Aug 6, 2012 5:59 PM in response to: lipmag

Well, FWIW, I have found the Community frustrating at times. I admit that I haven't read this entire thread.

I don't know if anyone is being paid to monitor, but sometimes the answers are confusing. Add the fact that the entire process is so confusing, I can see how someone can become upset.

With that said, I have been able to come here, ask a question and get a straight answer (did just today in this thread). But like I said, sometimes, I believe assumptions are made about what platform a person is talking about (I feel like everything with createspace and kindle in general is so Window/Microsoft heavy; real designers and creative people use Macs, sorry if anyone doesn't like what I say, but it is true). I was happy to read that Adobe is teaming up with Barnes & Noble so at least SOMEBODY will be creating solutions for the Mac.

Again, didn't read the entire thread and don't really know what the arguement is about, but I do find the lack of support/knowledge about Mac issues frustrating.

Level 0 43 posts since
May 30, 2009
383. Aug 6, 2012 6:01 PM in response to: mavenpeal

And all the automated replies from createspace just suck, IMO. I'd like to speak to a human, who speaks English. Sorry again if I'm offending, but that's what I would like.

Mar 10, 2012
384. Aug 6, 2012 6:05 PM in response to: mavenpeal

I would certainly agree that we sometimes jump to conclusions as to platform, software or skill level when responding to questions on the forum but I would say that our answers are always well intentioned. Those of us active on these boards are not affiliated with CS we merely use the service and try to help others as we have gained some experience. We are not always right and sometimes it is difficult to provide straight forward solutions to issues that could have multiple reasons but we try. If are advise is confusing or outright unhelpful let us know and we will possibly have other suggestions.

R. C.

Mar 10, 2012
385. Aug 6, 2012 6:11 PM in response to: mavenpeal

mavenpeal wrote:

And all the automated replies from createspace just suck, IMO. I'd like to speak to a human, who speaks English. Sorry again if I'm offending, but that's what I would like.

This I completely agree with, I have quit emailing CS and now go straight to the phone if I have an issue.

R. C.

Level 5 15,822 posts since
May 4, 2008
386. Aug 6, 2012 6:11 PM in response to: mavenpeal

mavenpeal wrote:

Again, didn't read the entire thread and don't really know what the arguement is about, but I do find the lack of support/knowledge about Mac issues frustrating.

I use Macs exclusively. I don't recall if we've encountered each other in the forum before (I post A LOT and don't remember everyone) but I will do my best to answer any problems you or other Mac users may have. MS Word for Mac is a whole other issue (NOT A FAN) but often the problems are irrelevant of OS anyway.

I believe assumptions are made about what platform a person is talking about (I feel like everything with createspace and kindle in general is so Window/Microsoft heavy; real designers and creative people use Macs, sorry if anyone doesn't like what I say, but it is true).

Assumptions are often made when information isn't forthcoming. We can only provide responses based on the information we receive. We do ask questions to extract more information when necessary, but non-technical people may have difficulty knowing what information is relevant to provide. It can take a while to achieve a solution. :S

Michelle

-------------

Odyssey Books -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Level 5 2,618 posts since
Jan 25, 2010
387. Aug 6, 2012 6:16 PM in response to: R.C.

@R.C. – totally agree about the well-intentioned!  And totally believe that you are not employed by CS. 

If you were, the proofing of your book, THE ORDER, would be done by now, right??

If it hadn’t been for these Forums, my children’s book would still be languishing in the file cab, and I never would have been able to publish it in hardback at LightningSource.  Over there… there are NO forums, no hand holding, few help files.  

It makes you greatly appreciate the men and women here at CS who have posted 1000's of times to help us figure things out.

Thanks!

: Dee

Level 0 13 posts since
Apr 24, 2012
388. Aug 6, 2012 8:25 PM in response to: R.C.

You are welcome to continue to B.S. anyone who reads this, however,I have never asked you for any explanation or help. You seem to have a very fragile grasp  on reality. The book I wrote was nothing more than an experiment and a way to kill some time. I am financially secure enough that if it never sells even one more copy, it won't matter to me. I haven't had to do anything to earn a living in many years. My living is made for at least the next fifty years. I have disabled the email notifications so I don't have to see any more of this drivel and I'm not interested in posting anything else. I'm leaving for Europe in the morning. Have a nice life.

Level 0 43 posts since
May 30, 2009
389. Aug 6, 2012 8:58 PM in response to: lipmag

Hi Michelle, yes, you have helped me in the past, thank you! I have also read very helpful posts by Seal. If you guys aren't getting paid, you should, because you seem to be one of a handful of people who consistently answer questions clearly. I am clearly frustrated by the Windows-heavy assumption/culture and see createspace as the problem, not the generous posters.

Createspace has not invested in support/documentation because they sell these services. Although the publishing revolution has given everyone the means write a best seller, the revolution seems to be revolving around Windows, more specifically, Word.

Maybe I'm a snob, but I can't imagine attempting to create any literature using a word processing program like Word. Yes, it has evolved and has great features, it is limiting and clunky. Again, just venting, but to me there seems to be some attempt to steer would-be authors toward Word and to execute the entire process themselves, rather than either learning how to use a real design programs to create a truely professional product (or work with professionals who know how to create a great product).

When Steve King tried to self-publish (via a website) he failed. I wonder how many books out there right now are failing (not selling) because they only need to be professionally edited or presented, or submitted to the correct distrition channel...

The main reason for my vent is that I recently had the pleasure of working with a company called e-junkie.com. They provide code for purchase buttons for websites... stupid simple, spoke with American humans without an accent and is $5/month. I spent weeks trying to work with paypal and my service provider to set up an estore. With e-junkie, in a couple of hours I had the estore up and running. They're still small and will likely evolve to responsibility-shielding automated responses, but what a pleasure they are right now.

So that's the end of my rant, can't wait until (if?) the publishing world finally decides on universal standards.

Thanks again to vigalent posters.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...