Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
244,902 Views 773 Replies Last post: Jul 5, 2016 1:36 AM by Seal RSS Go to original post
  1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 Previous Next
Level 0 19 posts since
Aug 28, 2012
Currently Being Moderated
720. Aug 31, 2012 10:24 PM in response to: Craela
Re: Hello!  I'm new here. :)

Hi everyone:

I'm new to CreateSpace.  I have my books on Amazon but I thought it would be great to have some in print.  Two of my BDSM books, Simon Says and Brittany's Master, are in the process of being reviewed. It's an exciting time!!!

I created 2 videos, one is for my romantic erotica books and the other for my BDSM ebooks:

http://animoto.com/play/05VAcpla5KQwO9kpNeMiOg

http://animoto.com/play/ycKm7BO0KY1MUFithzAWYg

I hope to meet many nice people here.

Elaine Shuel

Level 5 15,505 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
721. Aug 31, 2012 10:35 PM in response to: ElaineShuel

Nicely done videos. Still, I have to ask about permissions re: the music. Infringement?

Seal

Need A Job? Publish A Book! with Open Office and

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Level 0 19 posts since
Aug 28, 2012
722. Aug 31, 2012 10:48 PM in response to: Seal

Hi Seal:

Glad you enjoyed the videos.  There is NO music infringent. The site has music one can choose from.  A person who uploads something else, must have permission to use it.  I picked from the allowed music choices for each of my videos.

Level 0 5 posts since
Nov 25, 2011
723. Sep 1, 2012 2:04 AM in response to: Craela

hi well done, i have just been there , and have now published my book called wounded souls its a great feeling to be published, as you will soon find out, you then have wait for your book to be read and to hope for positive comments from readers which at the moment i eagerly await, well done your nearly there best wishes .turl

Level 5 15,505 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
724. Sep 1, 2012 9:11 AM in response to: ElaineShuel

Elaine,

Glad to know that the site has royalty free music available. Sorry if I got your dander up, but the question about copyright infringement pops up every now and then, whether it is music or "Can I use characters in my fanzine" type questions. While I am not a lawyer, copyrights are one of the things I have done a bit of study on for the simple fact that I feel that as an author it is part of my basic education just as knowing how to do high level math would be if I were an architect.

Again, I am sorry I gave the impression I was accusing you of copyright infringement. I really enjoyed the previews, the music associated with them, and was given a new site to work with. Thanks.

Seal

Read: Not Much of a Crime - Political Corruption, Intrigue, and Murder in a small Nevada town

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Level 0 19 posts since
Aug 28, 2012
725. Sep 1, 2012 12:11 PM in response to: Seal

That's ok, Seal.  All is well and in fact, my Brittany's Master book is now up for sale at the estore.  Simon Says will be following shortly. Both have been approved.  I admit I am excited about all this. I am tempted to buy my own books. lol   I have a feeling that most authors do that.  Am I right?

Elaine

Level 0 2 posts since
Jul 17, 2012
726. Sep 3, 2012 8:51 PM in response to: Craela

Hello too... I am very new in CS and reading the supportive feedback of CS friends are encouraging. Everything has its own time and yours has finally come.

Level 0 4 posts since
Jun 6, 2010
727. Sep 5, 2012 1:16 PM in response to: ElaineShuel

Hi. I'm new as well. My book Wild Woman With T Shirt went on Amazon Sept.1st. It is exciting to see my name in print. I do think people buy their own book. I plan on doing that. I'm trying to get it available in Kindle. I thought that I had gone through the right process to have Look Inside available. So far, that hasn't happened. I'm anxious to take a look at some of your work. Hope you will check mine out as well.

Sleepswithdogs

Level 5 7,447 posts since
Feb 1, 2008
728. Sep 5, 2012 3:28 PM in response to: sleepswithdogs

I really didn't plan to log in and post today - too much writing piling up - but I thought I'd read while I drank my coffee.

Once I read your user name, I just had to comment. It's hilarious and I love it. I sincerely hope you mean the four-legged kind.  

Level 0 19 posts since
Aug 28, 2012
729. Sep 5, 2012 5:43 PM in response to: sleepswithdogs

Thanks sleepswithdogs.  Good luck with your book.  It has an interesting title.

I was under the impression that ALL Kindle books automatically are "Look Inside". I may be wrong about that.  My ebooks are clickable to see the cover larger and gives whatever sample Amazon determines.

I'll look out for your work.

Elaine Shuel

Level 0 4 posts since
Jun 6, 2010
730. Sep 5, 2012 6:03 PM in response to: ElaineShuel

Thanks for responding Elaine. At the moment, I'm trying to get the book on Kindle. It's not there yet. You only "arrived" a few days before I did. I'll watch for your work as well. In fact, I'm going to check it out right now.

Level 0 4 posts since
Jun 6, 2010
731. Sep 5, 2012 6:10 PM in response to: Ninian

Ninian, for sure the four legged kind! They are who they are and always glad to see me. Thanks for responding. Tell me something you've written.

Level 0 19 posts since
Aug 28, 2012
732. Sep 5, 2012 6:11 PM in response to: sleepswithdogs

Sleepwithdogs, I am new to CreateSpace but as far as Amazon, I have close to 40 erotica ebooks available for sale.  Having my books in print is exciting though. Years ago, a publisher approached me and I did have some of my stories published in their digests.  It wasn't the same thing as now.  At CreateSpace each book is written by me, whereas with the digests, only some of my stories (sometimes only 1 story) got included in each digest.  It's a different ballgame altogether.

Best of luck with your book. I hope it's highly successful.

Elaine

Level 5 7,447 posts since
Feb 1, 2008
733. Sep 5, 2012 6:30 PM in response to: sleepswithdogs

I have a dog I sleep with, too - for sure the 4-legged kind. It's why I got such a kick out of your name.

You'll find my books here:  http://www.amazon.com/P.-L.-Crompton/e/B0041OIPP8/ref=sr_tc_2_rm?qid=1345331893&sr=1-2-ent

Level 0 11 posts since
Mar 19, 2012
734. Sep 5, 2012 6:59 PM in response to: ElaineShuel

Elaine,

First off congratulations on your creative accomplishments. I have a question regarding "digests". I've written a few short horror stories which I've post ed to my blog and I would love to make a few dollars for the efffort. Do you have any contacts or suggestions for getting published in anthologies?

thanks

Jim

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...