Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
243,143 Views 773 Replies Last post: Jul 5, 2016 1:36 AM by Seal RSS Go to original post
  1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 Previous Next
Level 0 19 posts since
Aug 28, 2012
Currently Being Moderated
735. Sep 5, 2012 9:00 PM in response to: PeterCooper
Re: Hello!  I'm new here. :)

Thanks Jim.  I write mainly erotica and the digests I had my stories published in, were all erotic.

My suggestion would be to join Smashwords if you aren't already a member.  They will get your horror stories on major sites like B&N, Itunes etc.  I wish I could have more advice but that's the route I took.

Elaine

Level 0 113 posts since
Sep 28, 2010
736. Sep 22, 2012 7:43 AM in response to: Craela

Warmly welcome and wish you all the luck and best.

S. Hauzel Sailo

Level 0 3 posts since
Jun 5, 2012
737. Sep 22, 2012 7:50 AM in response to: Craela

Hey All! I came out with a book a few weeks ago, it's a poetry book that contains poems from over the 5 years. Please check it out, you won't be disappointed!

I really feel like constructive criticism would help me before I decide to come out with another book. THanks

https://www.createspace.com/3900539

Level 5 15,505 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
738. Sep 22, 2012 7:56 AM in response to: ElaineShuel

Yesterday on the Kindle forum I saw somebody complaining that the Kindle platform was being destroyed by all of the eroticlit and everyone who wrote it should be banned from KDP. Made me laugh because the moment that happens the erotic authors will start a campaign to ban all religious tracts which will lead to wholesale Kindle bonFires (I doubt they burn as well as books...).

Seal

Need a good shot of Political Corruption, Intrigue, and Murder in a small Nevada town?

Read: Not Much of a Crime

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Mar 8, 2009
739. Sep 22, 2012 8:04 AM in response to: BlackJacq17

How about a link to a preview of a poem or two?

Seal

Need a good shot of Political Corruption, Intrigue, and Murder in a small Nevada town?

Level 0 4 posts since
Jul 10, 2011
740. Sep 23, 2012 1:15 PM in response to: Craela

My name Is Aziz and I'm from West philadelphia and I just want everyone here to stay tuned because my novel Auumn Breeze(part one)of a trilogy will be dropping 4th quarter and this will be the best thing you ever read because it's the realest thing ever wrote....So I encourage you to buy two and keep one in the plastic because this winter George(Aziz)pinkney will deliver a classic!!!!!

Level 0 5 posts since
Sep 20, 2012
741. Sep 26, 2012 4:30 PM in response to: Craela

Hello. "Niceguy Eddie," here. I'm about halfway done with my book, "Utopia."  (And, LOL, by the time it's actually done it might be two or three.)  Most of what I have so far can be found on my old blog, but I'm in the process of taking it down, getting it editted (Chapter 4 of the 26 written so far should be coming back any day now! LOL) and eventually launching it here. I look forward to gettig to know everyone, seeing your all's creativity and hopefully exchanging ideas and feedback.

Level 0 1 posts since
Aug 27, 2012
742. Sep 27, 2012 7:40 AM in response to: Craela
Re: Hello! i am also new here

my name is jules, and i am newbie lol. my first short story poetic book is named "love & life: the short stories of a poet" is available for you to purchase. my first book it is small since its a short story blended into poems but my next book will be bigger then the first, so for those that would like to order it, here is the link for it: https://www.createspace.com/3979621 you will enjoy the book & you will feel satisfied with your purchase.

Level 0 4 posts since
Aug 9, 2012
743. Sep 28, 2012 10:10 PM in response to: Craela
How to make your first preview stand out :)

I put a preview up last month and a lot of very kind people looked at it and left constructive comments, for which I must thank you all.

What frustrated me about the preview was that, unlike this chat window, I didn't have options for formatting in bold, italics or headings. My preview had these things in MS Word, but my preview in Createspace was BORING and (even worse) badly formatted.

I like experimenting. What I do in real life would leave Ana Steele from Fifty Shades (along with her inner goddess, her subconscious and any other personality she keeps in her head) seriously freaked out. In terms of my preview, I decided to play with some computer code: html. In the words of the main character of my novel, Ocean's Gift, "How hard can it be?"

After all, my boring, badly formatted preview couldn't look worse with some basic html. Perhaps I could even improve it.

I used the most basic coding I found for bold and italic.

When I coded <b> bold </b>

I got bold

When I coded <i> italic </i>

I got italic

Take a look at my preview, to see what the result of a little html looks like:

https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1109934

There are heaps of websites with basic html code. You could even write up a chat post in a window like this in normal view, with the formatting you like, then use the html button at the top right to tell you how your formatting is coded. Good luck!

Level 0 11 posts since
Mar 19, 2012
744. Sep 29, 2012 3:22 PM in response to: Craela

I've posted before but have done some research and determined that I probably wasn't linking my preview correctly. I'll try again.

Here is the prologue to the first book in my epic adventure "Peter Cooper and the Pirate King." The story is about a young boy

who is targeted by an evil sorcerer who, every hundred years or so, must sacrifice a young boy in order to rejuvenate is evil self.

This time his sights are set on our young hereo and the first book tells of his meeting the Pirate King and fighting for his life.

However, there is also a good deal of happiness and humor and a cast of characters that keep the tale from becoming morbid.

The link to the preview is here  https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1109973

I also have a website www.petercooperandthepirateking as well as a facebook page if you'd like to visit.

Jim D

Level 0 3 posts since
Aug 7, 2012
745. Oct 1, 2012 1:18 PM in response to: Craela

Hello!  I am also new here and have tons of questions!  My book 444 The Key to the Island was published today!  I was hoping to get some feedback from those of you who aren't exactly new to the game on what kinds of things an author can do to get his book noticed on Amazon.  Are there certain techniques invloved?  Is it all a matter of sales and reviews?  Any and all insights would be greatly appreciated.  I wish you all the best in your endeavors, and if there's anything I can do other than check out your book's page and click the "Like" button, please let me know!  I'm all about reciprocation. 

Mar 8, 2009
746. Oct 1, 2012 2:23 PM in response to: n82opth

Search this board. You will find all kinds of ideas.

Seal

Level 0 6 posts since
Feb 12, 2012
747. Oct 5, 2012 3:11 PM in response to: Craela

Hey everybody!

I'm very new here, and this seems to be a good thread for introductions.

I am writing a fantasy novel about a woman who is infected with a parasite that feeds on psychic energy. I have a short preview here: https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1110358

I hope y'all enjoy reading it.

J. R. Jones

Level 0 2 posts since
Aug 21, 2012
748. Oct 9, 2012 1:05 PM in response to: Craela

Hi. I'm Reece Ran. aka CaptainZ. Just published my book on Kindle and the Printed Verison is being reviewed. I'm new here too. can't wait to get on board. Book is called Winter Sci-fi thriller

Level 0 1 posts since
Oct 11, 2012
749. Oct 11, 2012 12:48 PM in response to: Craela

Greetings,

I'm tyelmene.  This community seems like a great resource.  I'm interested in book and media marketing; specifically affiliate marketing and I hope to learn from anyone who might help me in my pursuit.  And if I can ever be of any assitance to anyone here, I'd welcome the opportunity.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...