This discussion is archived
236,388 Views 785 Replies Last post: Jul 5, 2016 1:36 AM by Seal RSS
  1 2 3 ... 53 Previous Next
Level 0 279 posts since
Jan 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 9, 2011 10:38 AM

Hello!  I'm new here. :)

I am now in the process of publishing my novel Sephro(c)2008 by Kate Quinn(my real name).  If you would care to see a preview of it, go here: http://www.createspace.com/Preview/1076047  The process of this story began in 1994, and I have had many incarnations of it written and published online in various places.  This final version is it.  I am ready for this story to be told in full.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you, and getting to know you and your projects as well!  Have a great day!  I'm going downstairs for more coffee but I will be back.

Level 5 7,665 posts since
Feb 1, 2008
1. Jan 9, 2011 10:43 AM in response to: Craela
Re: Hello!  I'm new here. :)

Welcome, Craela, and good luck with your novel.

Pam

Level 0 47 posts since
Jul 10, 2008
3. Jan 9, 2011 12:08 PM in response to: Craela

Hello Craela,

Welcome to the CreateSpace community!  I hope that you will find many new "friends" here, just as I did several years ago.  This community is a tremendous resource and can be both helpful ( for the technically challanged, like myself) and supportive (on the emotional roller coaster ride of publishing!).

So what made you decide that NOW is the time for your novel?  It sounds as if you have put quite a lot of time, effort, and energy into producing this work.  I will do my utmost to go to your listed site and read what you have posted.

Best of luck in your pursuits.  And don't be a stranger...members here are eager to help the novices get a leg up.  I would never have finished my two books without the help of many.

Most Sincerely,

Chance

Level 3 732 posts since
May 10, 2008
4. Jan 9, 2011 12:18 PM in response to: Craela

Hi, Craela. I'll take a look at your preview, and welcome to the community. There are many outstanding individuals here who know all sorts of wonderful things about formatting, covers, etc. I'm more into the writing part of it, and can give you help along that line.

Barb

Level 3 732 posts since
May 10, 2008
5. Jan 9, 2011 12:21 PM in response to: Craela

Your Preview is in a PDF file and those I will not download. I believe there is another type of file in which one can save their Preview.

Feb 1, 2008
6. Jan 9, 2011 12:30 PM in response to: Galadriel

I won't download PDFs either.

Pam

Feb 1, 2008
8. Jan 9, 2011 2:06 PM in response to: Craela

The new preview has to be downloaded as well. That's what makes Barb and me nervous. I know you wouldn't deliberately send either of us a virus, but the risk is always there when we download anything. We could lose all our own work.

I love the sound of your book, but . . .

Pam

Feb 1, 2008
10. Jan 9, 2011 2:32 PM in response to: Craela

Most people seem to upload the first chapter so it can be read on Preview. Few offer the complete book because of the dangers of plagiarism.

Pam

Feb 1, 2008
12. Jan 9, 2011 3:11 PM in response to: Craela

I think any dangers attached to downloading would depend on the protection programs we have on our computers and whether we're prepared to take the risk. I doubt CS can assure protection, but I can't answer for them. Just seems unlikely. I know others have no problems with downloading things from Preview so there are only a handful of us who won't do it.

Please let us know what CS says.

Pam

Go to original post 1 2 3 ... 53 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...