Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
2,857 Views 7 Replies Last post: Nov 17, 2017 9:26 AM by ALtheAuthor RSS
Level 0 9 posts since
Jun 28, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 9, 2017 10:13 AM

Amazon Sponsored ads for the Createspace paperbook.

Hello,

Hope you're doing well.

I'm about to publish an 'Adult Coloring Book' as a paperback book on Amazon. I would like to do per-click advertising for my paperback books. However, I need some help with this since the books don't show up on the KDP website, it's not possible to run the Ads from there. 

I have seen other coloring books show up in searches as sponsored products, so at some point, this must have been possible. 

Please advise me on how to get this problem fixed. 
Please let me know if there are any marketing services available on Amazon exclusively for Paperback only books. 

Awaiting for your positive response. 

Thanks and Regards.
Level 5 15,393 posts since
May 4, 2008
1. Aug 10, 2017 8:59 AM in response to: DavidAB
Re: Amazon Sponsored ads for the Createspace paperbook.

DavidAB wrote:

I'm about to publish an 'Adult Coloring Book' as a paperback book on Amazon. 
I would like to do per-click advertising for my paperback books. However, I need some help with this since the books don't show up on the KDP website, it's not possible to run the Ads from there. 

I don't know much about Amazon pay-per-click advertising, but I'd say you probably need to actually publish your book first before you can advertise it.

Michelle

-------------

Odyssey Books -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Level 0 4 posts since
Nov 22, 2016
2. Aug 28, 2017 10:38 AM in response to: lipmag

She HAS published the book, but just in paperback ONLY. KDP is for E-Books, which an adult coloring book would not be the correct format for.  I too publish coloring books and have the same question.  If you publish a book in a paperback format ONLY, how do you participate in the AMS pay-per-click program? The AMS website directs you to go through KDP if you want to advertise books.  Since our books won't show on the KDP dashboard, How is this done.

OP - if you write a paperback, fiction or non-fiction, surely you will load that onto KDP for e-book frmat and then that problem is solved? right? It's just the adult coloring book you are having trouble with? If you get an answer please post.

Thanks!

Debbie

The Big Coloring Book Of Bengal Cats (Color Me Happy)

The Big Coloring Book Of Bengal Cats and Kittens: 40 Background Free Coloring Designs featuring Bengal cats and kittens (Color me Happy) (Volume 2)

Real Men Color: An Adult Coloring Book For Manly Men! (Color Me Happy)

The Big Coloring Book Of Angel Cats: 40 Amazing Angel Cat Designs To Color! (Color Me Happy)

The Big Coloring Book Of Maine Coon Cats - Volume 1 (Color Me Happy)

The Big Coloring Book Of Maine Coon Cats - Volume 2: 40 AMAZING Maine Coon coloring pages! (Color Me Happy)

The Big Volleyball Coloring Book: An Amazing Volleyball Coloring Book For Teens and Adults (Color Me Happy)

Level 0 4 posts since
Nov 22, 2016
3. Aug 28, 2017 10:44 AM in response to: DavidAB

I just clicked the contact button in AMS and asked how this is done.  they will reply in 24 hours and I will post!

Thanks!

Debbie

The Big Coloring Book Of Bengal Cats (Color Me Happy)

The Big Coloring Book Of Bengal Cats and Kittens: 40 Background Free Coloring Designs featuring Bengal cats and kittens (Color me Happy) (Volume 2)

Real Men Color: An Adult Coloring Book For Manly Men! (Color Me Happy)

The Big Coloring Book Of Angel Cats: 40 Amazing Angel Cat Designs To Color! (Color Me Happy)

The Big Coloring Book Of Maine Coon Cats - Volume 1 (Color Me Happy)

The Big Coloring Book Of Maine Coon Cats - Volume 2: 40 AMAZING Maine Coon coloring pages! (Color Me Happy)

The Big Volleyball Coloring Book: An Amazing Volleyball Coloring Book For Teens and Adults (Color Me Happy)

Level 0 4 posts since
Nov 22, 2016
4. Aug 28, 2017 11:41 AM in response to: DavidAB

this is the response from Amazon.  Not good news. A vendor express is what they offer but when you click the link, you will see that it is not appropriate for what we are trying to do.

Greetings from Amazon,

I understand your concern with regard to Promoting the products through     AMS. Thank you for your interest in AMS which offers a fast, simple and     effective advertising solution to help you reach Amazon’s shoppers and     drive more sales.

AMS is service provided only for the Vendors of Vendor Central, Advantage     Central or Vendor Express not for the sellers. Vendor Central is an     invitation-only program and we are not accepting any new vendors at the     moment.

However, we have a new Amazon Vendor Express program that you may be     interested in. It’s quick to sign up, no invitation is needed, and in many     cases, you’ll receive your first purchase order the same day. For more     information, click here: https://vendorexpress.amazon.com/?ref=VE_TRACK_VC.

To create an Amazon Marketing Services (AMS) account, you must have a     Vendor Express account and confirm your first purchase or add inventory for     direct fulfillment. After you've done this, click "Marketing" and     review the Terms and Conditions and click "Accept and Continue"     to register your account with Amazon Marketing Services (AMS). Then choose     a campaign type and follow the on-screen instructions to start building     advertisements.

After you've registered your account with Amazon Marketing Services (AMS),     you can log into Amazon Marketing Services (AMS) directly with your Vendor     Express user name and password to create and manage your advertisements.

We have 3 different ads in which you will be able to advertise through AMS.    

Product display ads:

Product Display Ads are cost-per-click product or interest targeted display     ads that drive traffic to a product's detail page. Your ads can appear on     the product detail page, at the bottom of search results, on the customer     reviews page, on the read all reviews page, at the top of the offer listing     page and in Amazon-generated marketing emails such as follow-ups and     recommendations. The minimum budget for a campaign is $100. You will only     be charged for the actual cost of clicks received and never more than your     budget.

Headline search ads:

Headline Search Ads are keyword targeted cost-per-click search ads offered.     They allow brands to drive traffic to a brand page or to landing pages at     Amazon with 3 or more ASIN. Your ads can appear above Amazon.com search     results. Headline Search is available for all approved Amazon Marketing     Services accounts. See Amazon Advertising Policy Guidelines for additional     details. The minimum budget for a campaign is $100 for all-campaign budgets     and $1 for daily budgets. You will only be charged for the actual cost of     clicks received and never more than your budget.

Sponsored products: Sponsored Products are keyword-targeted ads that allow     you to advertise individual products you sell on Amazon.com. To create a     sponsored product ad, log in to your Amazon Marketing Services account your     Amazon Marketing Services account and click 'Create an ad' from the main     page. Then select Sponsored Products. You can edit the duration and budget     for all scheduled and active advertising campaigns. You can also add or     remove keywords from scheduled and active campaigns.

For more information on our ad policies, please review the AMS User Guide     located under the Other Documents section of the AMS FAQ: https://ams.amazon.com/faq/ref=ams_head_faq

If you are an Amazon Seller, we encourage you to consider Amazon Sponsored     (http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon/sponsored-products.htm/ref=em_sp_ams_2015)     Products, a pay-per-click advertising solution that enables sellers to     promote the products they sell on Amazon with keyword-targeted ads.     Advertise with Amazon Sponsored Products to help shoppers discover your     products. Ads for your listings may appear on the first page of search     results and on detail pages. Click here to get started (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/advertiser/addfeatures/light-box-feature.html/ref=em_sp_ams_2015).    

It is my sincere hope that the information provided by me proves to be     helpful. I wish you much success in your professional endeavors.

Wishing you a prosperous journey with Amazon. Have a great day ahead.

Please let us know how we did.

Were you satisfied with the support provided?

Yes

No

Thank you!

To view your case details, or respond, please click https://vendorcentral.amazon.com/gp/vendor/members/caselog/case-detail?caseId=4331284131

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept     incoming e-mail. If you require additional support please contact us https://vendorcentral.amazon.com/st/vendor/members/contactusapp

Best regards,

Kishore M.
Amazon.com Vendor Services
http://www.amazon.com

To contact us again about this issue, please use the Contact Us form using     the following link: https://vendorcentral.amazon.com/gp/vendor/members/caselog/case-detail?caseId=4331284131

Have you seen our Help and information center? Check it out : https://vendorcentral.amazon.com/gp/vendor/members/help/help-home

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that     cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Level 0 95 posts since
Jun 12, 2008
5. Sep 16, 2017 9:56 AM in response to: improveimpact

And this doesn't help at all. Amazon Vendor (Express) is for vendors. We are not vendors, we are authors. We only want to promote our books as "Sponsored Products". That's it.

What hurts is that some CS authors have been privileged to do this and most of us are not. I've already sent links to such CS-only books (no KDP or any other listing) and I'm not sending them again to promote them even more.

Why can we not promote our books as "Sponsored Products"?

Cheers,

Djape

sudoku books

Level 0 4 posts since
Nov 22, 2016
6. Sep 16, 2017 10:09 AM in response to: djape

I totally agree, and sent them back that a response similair to yours via the link and they didn't respond at all to that. Yet I contimue to see an independant coloring book auther get to do sponsorship.

Level 0 2 posts since
Oct 6, 2009
7. Nov 17, 2017 9:26 AM in response to: improveimpact

Hi Eveyone,

Did anyone ever get the solution to using Amazon Pay-Per-Click Sponsored Product Ads for paperback books?

I'm looking to do the same thing before November 25, 2017.

Please advise me on how you were able to do that on Amazon for paperback books.

Thanks,

Al F.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...