Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
629 Views 6 Replies Last post: Oct 7, 2017 11:35 AM by GoMePub RSS
Level 0 3 posts since
May 25, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 20, 2017 9:52 AM

Is anyone else having a problem getting on to Amazon.ca?

Hi there,

My book has up been up on the Amazon.com site for a month now, but I just found out that there are some technical issues that are slowing down the process of getting the book up on Amazon.ca, and there's no word on how long the problem will take to resolve. Meanwhile my book is being sold by a third-party retailer on Amazon.ca for $86 (list price on Amazon $18.95) although I did not select the expanded distribution. Very frustrating because I'm a Canadian author and the book is used for courses and workshops, and I want to make the book available for Canadians. I can't market the book in Canada at all until this problem is resolved. Thanks for any advice.

Level 5 5,703 posts since
Mar 10, 2012
1. Sep 20, 2017 1:21 PM in response to: Zarosa
Re: Is anyone else having a problem getting on to Amazon.ca?

My latest title has been 20 days and is not fully active yet. This is a bit longer than I typically see it  however I haven't looked into it yet as CS advises it can take up to 30. The 3rd party sellers are not EDC sellers, just vultures taking an opportunity and knowing they can order from .com to fulfill if need be. I'm luck enough to have one selling for one $2.00 over my SRP with free shipping so I'm not as concerned as I could be.

Did CS give you any indication as to what the issue is?

Level 0 1 posts since
Apr 11, 2017
3. Sep 20, 2017 5:42 PM in response to: Zarosa

I'm also having the same problem that CreateSpace has not attended to.  My book, The Mystery of The Making of The Popes is $25 on Amazon.com, but on Amazon.ca is $104.99 which means WE'RE LOOSING BUSINESS !!

Level 1 135 posts since
Jul 19, 2016
5. Sep 21, 2017 7:36 AM in response to: Zarosa

I'm a Canadian Author that's has published six books in total with CS. (My lastest being "An Angel Named Topaz")
There is always a waiting period before it is available on Amazon.ca.
That is CLEARLY stated in the first line in the Canadian Distribution section ... "When you list a book title for sale on Amazon.com, within 30 days it will appear on sale on Amazon.ca as well."

For myself, it varied between 7 days and 21 days before being available, averaging 11 days.
The price has always been correct ... but if it hadn't been correct, I would have contact them promptly to have it changed.
And I would continue to contact them until it was changed.
(Some authors have success in contacting CS and Amazon via their FB pages.)

BTW Nice to other Canadian Authors on here!!

~Kay

Level 1 135 posts since
Jul 19, 2016
6. Oct 7, 2017 11:35 AM in response to: Zarosa

My book 'An Angel Named Topaz' was final populated on amazon.ca today.
So being published on Sept. 18, 2017, it took 20 days for it to become available on amazon.ca

http://amzn.to/2y1hvJy

Happy Writing

~ KAY

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...