Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
808 Views 7 Replies Last post: Dec 11, 2017 3:23 PM by Oreohelix RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Sep 4, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 20, 2017 7:27 AM

Why is my book listed on Amazon from 3rd party only?

I just published my book which is now showing on Amazon.com.  How come it's not for sale directly from Amazon.com which I've selected for distribution?  The only way to purchase is through 3rd party sellers only with inflated price? 

Level 5 5,218 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Sep 20, 2017 7:33 AM in response to: RissaP
Re: Why is my book listed on Amazon from 3rd party only?

In your CS Dashboard, does it say anything about the book being suppressed? That would be my first guess, but it's only a guess. Care to provide the Amazon link?

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 5 12,818 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
2. Sep 20, 2017 7:38 AM in response to: RissaP

RissaP wrote:

I just published my book...

If you mean that ("just published") literally, that's the answer. When you select the Amazon sales channels, it takes several days for the book to be ready to print-on-demand in the various Amazon fulfillment centers that have that capability. Once it is, it will be available for purchase from Amazon, and then over the next couple of weeks, Amazon will build the complete listing page, including the Look Inside.

In contrast, there are many third-party sellers who instantly and automatically list books (particularly when the EDC channels are selected) as soon as they are published.

Level 0 1 posts since
Nov 30, 2011
4. Dec 3, 2017 8:14 AM in response to: RissaP

Was this issue ever resolved for you and if so, how long did it take? I have published a lot of titles through createspace and this is the first time I am experiencing this problem. Customer support has been entirely unhelpful so far.

Level 0 13 posts since
Aug 12, 2013
5. Dec 11, 2017 7:44 AM in response to: RissaP

why books from selfpublisher allways sold as PIRATED COPIES in Amazon Shop. What has Amazon to do with it??? How can I cancel now ALL my books and get them off of amazon Shop pages??? as soon as possible?

I do not want to sell any books anymore through Amazon. To much cheating around. Do no kinow, if Amazon has something to do with it. I only knew. I NEVER EVER will work anymore with Amazon. I earn nothing and others a lot wit MY HART WORK. Thats unfair and the new modern Cyber Crime!

Level 4 2,512 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
6. Dec 11, 2017 9:53 AM in response to: Carenanne44

Carenanne44 wrote:

How can I cancel now ALL my books and get them off of amazon Shop pages??? as soon as possible?

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but . . . although you can halt the sale of new books, it's not possible to entirely remove your books from Amazon. Your books' pages will be there for eternity, in order to sell used copies that might appear.

Level 4 2,550 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
7. Dec 11, 2017 3:23 PM in response to: Carenanne44

Hi C,

No one is stealing from you.  If third party sellers sell a copy, they will dropship it from Createspace and you will get your same royalty.  It's free advertising.

Stacy

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...