Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
985 Views 1 Reply Last post: Apr 24, 2011 3:10 PM by lipmag RSS
Level 0 51 posts since
Oct 30, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 24, 2011 12:15 PM

Selling MP3 Downloads of Stories?

I see that you can publish/sell digital downloads of MP3 files through Amazon. When I try to get info about this, I'm referred here to Createspace where I also have an account and have one book for sale.

Now, I'm trying something different. I'm selling a digital download of a true story I recorded, edited, etc. It doesn't exist in book form so it's not really an "audio book". But when I try to publish via my Createspace account, it looks like it's all set up for music only.

Is there a way to offer just audio recordings as MP3 downloads that aren't music?

To get the ball rolling, I published it and used a generic shopping cart to make it available on my website. Here's the link to give you an idea of what I'm trying to do, but through Amazon: http://www.kaleidoscopeofcolor.com/digital-store/#ecwid:category=0&mode=product&product=3939801

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Skip

Level 5 11,782 posts since
May 4, 2008
Currently Being Moderated
1. Apr 24, 2011 3:10 PM in response to: skiphunt
Re: Selling MP3 Downloads of Stories?

No, CS does not allow audio books as CDs or MP3s. However, you should be able to sell audio books via iTunes.

Michelle

----------

bookow.com -- painless print and ebook formatting, custom cover design, and professional editing services

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...