Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
3,674 Views 4 Replies Last post: Nov 21, 2008 9:17 PM by Chance RSS
Level 0 47 posts since
Jul 10, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 6, 2008 2:53 PM

book cover template

Hello...I am looking for Tinhorn.

This is Chance.  You have been very helpful and encouraging over the past few weeks and I appreciate it so very much.  I haven't been on this site for a bit as I have been very busy applying some of your advice with my book and have been successful in getting it on the templates you provided at the Lulu site.  Thank you for pointing me in that direction. Quite honestly, I never thought I would get this far and I know that I wouldn't have without those blessed templates!  I am a bit nervous that it was pretty easy once I started using them...hummmm...maybe it was too easy and  I did not use them correctly but they seemed "idiot proof", which doesn't speak well of me, does it?...well, I am moving forward and hoping for the best.  

I am now working on my cover and again, I have turned to your template page but when I try to download the 6X9 PNG template, nothing comes up.  What am I doing wrong?  Or should I be using your one piece wrap around cover template? 

Thank you again, in advance, for your help on this cover question.

Chance.

Level 0 11 posts since
Sep 15, 2008
1. Oct 6, 2008 3:59 PM in response to: Chance
Re: book cover template

oops - wrong account again

Level 2 214 posts since
Aug 15, 2007
2. Oct 6, 2008 4:03 PM in response to: Chance
Re: book cover template

Glad to hear you're progressing nicely!  Part of the genius of those templates is their ease of use, wouldn't you say?  hahahaha

Bad news, though.  The cover templates won't work for CreateSpace.  That other site has a whole different process for making covers, and that site is what those cover templates are for.  If you click the My Account button at the top of this screen, then on your book title, you should end up on a webpage where you can download the template for your book cover.  (This assumes you've entered your page count and/or your manuscript.)  You need to open that CS template in a graphics program and build your cover around it. 

Are there any graphics programs you're comfortable with?  If graphics are totally alien to you, go on eBay and see if you can find an old copy of Micrografx Draw 6.  (Make careful note of the goofy spelling.)  That program is, hands down, the easiest graphics program on the planet for newbies.  Make sure to buy the green disc, not the red one.

Good luck, my friend!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...