Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
2,101 Views 4 Replies Last post: Dec 1, 2017 11:26 AM by GoMePub RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Sep 22, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 30, 2017 5:06 AM

Where are my royalties?

My royalties page shows that only 3 units have been sold, though I know for a fact that my mother bought 6 (from Amazon) and received them about a week ago. It says on the info available that they usually show up in 2-3 days after printing. I am clearly beyond that. How do I know that I am actually being credited for sales? Thank you.

Level 5 5,632 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Oct 30, 2017 8:55 AM in response to: dockanz
Re: Where are my royalties?

Get the printing information from the last page of each of the copies your mother ordered and provide that to CS so they can track the royalties.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 0 1 posts since
Feb 28, 2015
2. Nov 30, 2017 10:22 PM in response to: dockanz

Hello! ... It's been a few months since your post, but I am experiencing the same issue... did you actually have to track down everyone you knew who had purchased your book and ask them for numbers in order to receive due royalties??? ... or (hopefully) did the talley eventually reflect the correct # of books sold & credited you accordingly??

Thanks, Juda

Level 4 2,558 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
3. Dec 1, 2017 5:01 AM in response to: Juda

As far as I can tell, there has never been a documented case of royalties not being paid.   What happens most often is that people who have indicated they have purchased your book actually have not.  

In a smaller number of cases, books were purchased from someplace other than Amazon and the reporting takes longer (because it has to pass through multiple accounting systems.)

Level 1 135 posts since
Jul 19, 2016
4. Dec 1, 2017 11:26 AM in response to: Juda

If you believe that someone has indeed purchased your book and you haven't seen the royalties within SIX WEEKS (sometime takes that long or longer to show up), ask the person to give you the number under the barcode located on the very last page inside the novel, not cover.
A number code is inserted in every book CreateSpace prints and is used as a reference to track the book.
That number can be submitted to CreateSpace via Support, and they can track down your royalty.

BTW, I had someone say they bought one of my books, but when I asked for that number to hunt down my royalty, they couldn't produce it. Yeah, some people say they did one thing, but actually didn't. Humans …

~ KAY

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...