Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

1 "helpful" answer available (5 pts)
684 Views 4 Replies Last post: Nov 21, 2017 9:17 AM by awin RSS
Level 0 105 posts since
May 31, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 4, 2017 12:17 PM

Is the interior file for IngramSpark different from CreateSpace

I have published with CreateSpace and want to use that title to publish with IngramSpark. Does IS accept the interior format I used for CreateSpace?

Level 3 442 posts since
Dec 13, 2011
1. Nov 4, 2017 1:14 PM in response to: thestoryguy
Re: Is the interior file for IngramSpark different from CreateSpace

In general, yes, but I can think of two things to watch out for:

(1) In a color book, CS appears to delete any color profile. Spark prohibits uploading files with color profiles, so you must adjust your settings not to embed one.

(2) If the paper is not the same thickness, the spine width will be slightly different. This only affects the interior file if the inside margin is at the minimum for the number of pages and the new paper is thicker.

Level 5 13,064 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
2. Nov 4, 2017 1:34 PM in response to: thestoryguy

For a full-bleed interior, no.

For a no-bleed interior, maybe. With no-bleed, it is possible to prepare a PDF file for submission to Ingram, and then use that same file for submission to CreateSpace -- but not necessarily the opposite (because Ingram has more stringent guidelines -- i.e., a file that meets their guidelines for a no-bleed interior will also satisfy CreateSpace, but CreateSpace allows things that Ingram will not).

Level 5 13,064 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
3. Nov 6, 2017 3:17 PM in response to: thestoryguy

Just to clarify, I was answering the question in the body of the post, not the subject line (potentially confusing since they are opposite questions).

Does IS accept the interior format I used for CreateSpace?

No for full-bleed, maybe for no-bleed.

Level 2 127 posts since
Sep 19, 2017
4. Nov 21, 2017 9:17 AM in response to: thestoryguy

You only asked about the interior, but for the cover there will be differences, including 1) slightly different spine thickness, 2) slightly different specs for spine text size (depending on page count,) and 3) any text less than 25 pt. size must be in black (100% K) for IS, whereas CS allows color text for smaller point sizes.  Also you supply the ISBN barcode for IS, but it must be black on white only.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...