Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
619 Views 5 Replies Last post: Nov 14, 2017 6:23 PM by Maaku RSS
Level 0 4 posts since
Oct 12, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 12, 2017 2:28 PM

Reviews: How to get your readers to actually leave them?

A few of my readers have said they like my book so far, but no one is leaving any actual reviews on amazon. I have one, but my goal is at least 4 more. I've sold about 20 copies in 2 weeks, so i figure at this point someone has finished it. (128 pgs). I love to see and discuss feedback, so it's not soley about generating more sales. Has anyone else had trouble getting their readers to review/rate?

Level 3 342 posts since
Feb 11, 2016
1. Nov 12, 2017 2:40 PM in response to: chanelp.
Re: Reviews: How to get your readers to actually leave them?

The percentage of people who leave reviews is very very low. I don't solicit reviews myself. If people give reviews, they give them.

Level 4 2,902 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
2. Nov 12, 2017 2:49 PM in response to: chanelp.

My horseback guess is you'll get one review per thousand books sold, so you're ahead of the game.

Level 5 4,277 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
3. Nov 13, 2017 4:09 AM in response to: chanelp.

My rate seems to be one review for about 200 sales, but falling. I feel that is satisfactory, as I've personally written about 1 review for every 500 books I've read (and I deleted one of them when I realised it just repeated what others had said). Reviews make authors feel good, but I don't think they matter much.

I would resist the temptation to enter into dialogue with reviewers (on Amazon). That seems to encourage trolls, which are not something I think you would relish.

Level 5 4,277 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
5. Nov 14, 2017 6:23 PM in response to: chanelp.

Really? I rely more heavily on 'Look Inside The Book'. There are plenty of ridiculous reviews that, for example, complain about the old-fashioned language in Pride and Prejudice, or praise to high heaven real stinkers. If a well-written review puts forward well-considered endorsements, then, I agree, I am encouraged to buy.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...