Skip navigation
271 Views 2 Replies Last post: Nov 15, 2017 12:32 PM by Lorem_Ipsum RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Jul 30, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 14, 2017 11:22 AM

Hello, First time self-publisher, Self-help and Dating

Hi,

My book 52 Weeks, 52 Dates will be published in about a week! I am very excited and I also am looking for tricks of the trade in marketing and distribution.

Do any of you sell books yourself? If so, how do you make that more profitable?

Do you have a website? How did you create it?

How many books have you sold? More than expected? Less than expected?

What has helped you sell your book to people you don't know?

Thank you,

Anahata Meta

Level 3 810 posts since
Jul 18, 2009
1. Nov 14, 2017 8:06 PM in response to: 52weeks52dates
Re: Hello, First time self-publisher, Self-help and Dating

There are no tricks, just dogged determination and persistence. I set up a website through Wix and I have also used Weebly, both are free and easy to navigate and utilise.

I do not sell many books on-line, nor do I have a shop on my website. I prefer to give the links to my Amazon book sites and let the customers do the rest. Most of my books are sold through local galleries and my own physical shop, or by word of mouth. I still only manage to sell a few hundred, so I won't be giving up my day job any time soon. Mind you, I have not gone all out with promotions and such, and I avoid social media like facebook. If you are not averse to using social media, you will find it extremely helpful to move your product.

My last book; Wood Whisperer, attracted a five star review from a respected indie author which I believe has helped the few sales and 'reads' on Kindle KENP/KOLL. Good reviews are definitely a good way to move sales, although they are not the be-all-and-end-all that some people make them out to be.

Good luck with your book.

Joe.

Level 4 2,741 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
2. Nov 15, 2017 12:32 PM in response to: 52weeks52dates
Re: Hello, First time self-publisher, Self-help and Dating

Joe gave you good advice about publishing. As for dating, you might try Match.com.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...