Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

159,845 Views 302 Replies Last post: Jan 18, 2015 8:42 PM by CreateSpaceKate RSS Branched to a new discussion.
  1 2 3 ... 21 Previous Next
Level 0 148 posts since
Jan 9, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 29, 2011 12:27 PM

Confirming my title on Ingram's catalog

I've opened up the EDC. So my title is available for Ingram. How can I find out if it is on their catalog? Also, how does the distribution process work for retail stores, particularly retail bookstores that are out of US?

Level 3 516 posts since
Oct 12, 2008
1. Aug 29, 2011 1:41 PM in response to: yaip
Re: Confirming my title on Ingram's catalog

You can check a book on Ingram in several ways. The easiest is to call up your local bookstore and ask them to check availability of your ISBN in the Ingram catalog.

You can also check Ingram warehouse stock for a title on their iPage service (ipage.ingrambook.com). If you don't have or know someone with an account, I'd be happy to check for you if you'll provide your ISBN. Note that the number of copies is 'stock' for POD books is not quite accurate; for example, one of our early titles shows 100 copies in their Tennessee warehouse, and I believe that the actual number is 0.

PubAlley (www.puballey.com) is a similar service from Baker and Taylor.

You can check Books In Print by trundling over to your library and asking to log in with their guest account (most libraries have one). I've been told (*ahem*) that you can also do a bit of Googling and find a login or two online.

Perry

KidPub Press

Level 3 516 posts since
Oct 12, 2008
3. Aug 29, 2011 3:04 PM in response to: yaip

Just sent the Ingram page to your PM.

Perry

KidPub Press

Level 1 3 posts since
Jun 25, 2011
5. Sep 3, 2011 3:43 PM in response to: KidPub

Perry,

Would you mind checking if my novel, King of Paine, is listed with Ingram and B&T? The ISBN is 9780983760122. It's not a CS ISBN, so it may not have been picked up by B&T but it should be in Ingram's catalog.

Is my understanding correct that the EDC "bookstore" distribution is code for Ingram and "library" distribution is code for B&T? If so, if I were to prepare sell sheets to mail to libraries, could I just say "Available at Ingram" and reasonably expect most libraries to be able to order the book? (I'm not so naive as to think most, or even any, will order the book, but would like to be able to tell them they can do so conveniently if my the sell sheet is otherwise convincing.)

Thanks if you can do it!

Larry

Level 1 3 posts since
Jun 25, 2011
7. Sep 3, 2011 7:12 PM in response to: yaip

A sell sheet is a one page flyer that is designed to entice your targeted reader to buy the book and provides all relevant ordering information. It can be configured differently for different types of buyers, e.g., bookstores, libraries, book clubs, etc. With the market moving towards ebooks, I'm not targeting bookstores to sell my trade paperbacks because they have little interest in indie publishers, and, after taking into account returns, marketing to bookstores seems like a losing proposition. But libraries intrigue me, and I haven't ruled out forming some kind of cooperative to market high quality suspense novels to them. You can also join a marketing association and include your sell sheet in their mass mailings.

Here's a link to a sample sell sheet for King of Paine I just uploaded to my website:

http://larrykahn.com/sell-sheet

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Larry

Level 0 4 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
9. Sep 6, 2011 10:51 AM in response to: yaip

Hi,

I'm dutch publishing with Createspace and since my second edition  was published 6 weeks ago, the distribution  ( via extended distribution) is not functioning well, especially to Europe.

The title is Sharing Mary, and the

ISBN-10 1451583133

EAN-13    9781451583137

I am really struggling with this, if I could at least know if the book is listed with Baker& Taylor and Ingram it would be a great help.

thanks ever so from Holland

Marlies ter Borg

Level 1 60 posts since
Aug 6, 2009
10. Sep 6, 2011 10:23 PM in response to: margarethe

Hello Margarethe,

Here is what shows in the Ingram Catalog for your title:

Sharing Mary - Waiting for Publisher Reprint

Contributor(s): Ter Borg, Marlies (Author)

ISBN: 1451583133   EAN: 9781451583137

Publisher: Createspace    (View Publisher's Titles)

US SRP: $ 30.00 US  -  (Discount: 25%)

Binding: Paperback

Pub Date: July 12, 2010

This item is Not Returnable

Additional Information

Physical Info: 0.75" H x 7.01" L x 10.0" W (1.37 lbs) 360 pages

Carton Quantity: 12 

Descriptions, Reviews, Etc

Choice (04/01/2011):

As the subtitle implies, Sharing Mary is an anthology of Qur'anic and biblical texts arranged side by side and covering a range of topics selected by philosopher ter Borg and several collaborators. The contributors accept as a given the impossibility of impartiality and objectivity in an effort of this sort, based on the inevitability of subjective factors intervening in the selection of topics to be covered, the identification of texts to be included, and related issues. They are convinced, however, that a modicum of fairness is possible. Based on the texts cited in this collection, the Qur'an clearly comes across as less dogmatic than is generally presumed, especially in the West. Indeed, ter Borg is of the persuasion that the Qur'an is more sensitive to women's issues and generally less violent than is usually thought. Following an introductory section, the volume consists of biblical and Qur'anic texts, arranged side by side, on such topics as creation, the afterlife, Abraham, Mary, and Jesus. Also included are a brief bibliography and list of contributors. This book is suitable for both public and academic libraries. Summing Up: Recommended. Lower-level undergraduates through graduate students; general readers. -- M. Swartz, Boston University (Reprinted with permission of Choice, copyright 2011, American Library Association)

Review Citations:

Choice 04/01/2011 (EAN 9781451583137, Paperback)

Level 0 4 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
11. Sep 9, 2011 12:34 AM in response to: ArnNatz

Thankyou very  much indeeed, Arnatz! Just as I feared!

"Waiting for Publisher reprint"

The reprint was ready on 25 july but Createspace somehow failed to communicate this to Ingrams, which means my international market has been down now for several weeks. With this info in hand I can confront Createspace who up to know failed to act on my complaints, saying it was none of their business.

Thanks again

Marlies

Level 0 2 posts since
Apr 24, 2011
12. Dec 24, 2011 7:28 PM in response to: yaip

Hi - would you be so kind as to see if my book is listed in Ingrams? I'm curious as to the terms and details it may list.  Thanks so much!

• ISBN-10: 0984860800
  • ISBN-13: 978-0984860807

Karen Toz

Level 3 516 posts since
Oct 12, 2008
13. Dec 28, 2011 12:36 PM in response to: kptoz

kptoz wrote:

Hi - would you be so kind as to see if my book is listed in Ingrams? I'm curious as to the terms and details it may list.  Thanks so much!

• ISBN-10: 0984860800
  • ISBN-13: 978-0984860807

Karen Toz

Hi, Karen. It's in the Ingram Active list. They're showing the usual 100 copies in the Tennessee warehouse, which they use for POD titles.

Perry

KidPub Press

Nate Rocks the World
Contributor(s): Pokras Toz, Karen (Author)
ISBN: 0984860800#   EAN: 9780984860807
Publisher: Karen Pokras Toz    (View Publisher's Titles)
US SRP: $ 7.99 US
Binding: Paperback
Pub Date: November 28, 2011
Publisher Marketing: Ten-year-old Nathan Rockledge cannot catch a break. After all, life as a fourth-grader can be hazardous - what with science projects to deal with and recess football games to avoid. Everyone, including his best friend Tommy, seems to have bad luck when ...

This item is Returnable

Additional Information

BISAC Categories:
- Juvenile Fiction | Action & Adventure
- Juvenile Fiction | Humorous Stories
Physical Info: 0.33" H x 8.5" L x 5.51" W (0.41 lbs) 140 pages
Carton Quantity: 58 

Level 0 2 posts since
Apr 24, 2011
14. Dec 28, 2011 2:19 PM in response to: KidPub