This Question is Not Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts)
419 Views 4 Replies Last post: Nov 16, 2017 4:22 AM by D.T. RSS
Level 0 14 posts since
Sep 11, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 16, 2017 3:20 AM

Cover

Hi, I created my own cover for my first book in Adobe CS4 Illustrator. I would like to make sure the final version is in good quality for printing and for ebook too. First question: do you think it is ok I made the cover in Illustrator? How can I make sure the quality of the PDF version is good enough? I ask this as I did not see option for preview at Createspace after I upload my file. At the end of the day I would like to make sure that I upload quality and print ready version to Createspace. Is there any chance I could preview the book cover before printing?

Level 4 2,558 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
1. Nov 16, 2017 3:58 AM in response to: D.T.
Re: Cover

The online preview of your book, including the cover, will be available after the CS review process is complete.

Certainly take a look there, but ordering a physical proof is the best way to make sure the cover quality is acceptable.

Level 5 5,632 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
2. Nov 16, 2017 4:06 AM in response to: D.T.
Re: Cover

Just to verify, the cover you made for the print version is the back cover, spine, and front cover, in that order, from left to right? I ask because ebook covers are only a front cover, but a print-ready PDF cover must be the entire wraparound cover.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...