Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
659 Views 2 Replies Last post: Nov 18, 2017 2:05 PM by KikayonPub RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Nov 16, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 16, 2017 9:00 PM

Does this site support Right to Left Binding?

I am Graphic Novelist/Mangaka, and I write my series to be read from right to left. (the direction I'm most familure with.) so i was woundering if i do everything in a reverse format it that will work, and i won't have a bar code on my "front" cover?

Level 5 5,595 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Nov 16, 2017 10:23 PM in response to: PhoenixCreativeMedia
Re: Does this site support Right to Left Binding?

You can produce a right-to-left book through CreateSpace if you contact Customer Support prior to uploading the files to let them know that you're doing such a book, so they don't flag the files as errors.

PhoenixCreativeMedia wrote:

...i won't have a bar code on my "front" cover?

Unfortunately, no. The bar code will automatically be placed on what is usually the back cover of the book, which in your case would be the front cover. CS will not make an exception.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 3 442 posts since
Dec 13, 2011
2. Nov 18, 2017 2:05 PM in response to: PhoenixCreativeMedia
Re: Does this site support Right to Left Binding?

My experience with publishing books using RTL page order (for Hebrew) is that CS  requires that the language of the book be listed as one that reads from right to left (Hebrew or Arabic, for example). The problem with this is that the language setting appears in the language setting.

I argued with customer support about this in connection with a book that was 50% Hebrew, 50% English, but intended for English speakers, who I thought might be put off by listing the language as Hebrew. Customer support eventually said that the book would never be approved if the language was listed as English. The one advantage to me was that when the language was listed as Hebrew, the correct front cover appeared in the Amazon (US) listing.

If the language in your book is one that is written from right to left, there shouldn't be any problem.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...