Skip navigation
1,307 Views 5 Replies Last post: Nov 28, 2017 10:18 AM by awin RSS
Level 0 53 posts since
Jan 20, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 23, 2017 7:35 AM

Look Inside feature

They are telling me that the pages for loo inside feature is selected randomly automatically. Well, then they put an algorithm in it so that it selects things very heavily from the beginning and mostly consecutively.

This works for people who writes novels. When people read the first pages, they keep reading and then they will wonder what is in the end and may buy.

But ufortunately my book is not a novel. It is a technical and informative book like a reference source.

So all they do for me is to display lots of free information consecutively, and then, from the end of my book, nothing , although I have other kinds of information in the end. So 90% from first half, 10% from second may be not even that.

It needs to be scattered evenly. I am ok with random, I am ok if they do not allow us to select, fine, but it really hurts my sales if they display it this way. I would like readers to see samples from every section of my book. If they show a lot of consecutive pages from the beginning, people read it, and then without seeing what is there in other sections, they do not buy, as it is not a novel. The curent setting of page selection only works for people who write novels.

So what is a solution to this?

Level 5 3,925 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
1. Nov 23, 2017 8:51 AM in response to: ketanco
Re: Look Inside feature
So what is a solution to this?

The only solution is to accept it for what it is.  Jeff does not listen to me, so I can't help you.

Dan'l

Level 4 2,777 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
3. Nov 23, 2017 12:42 PM in response to: ketanco

ketanco wrote:

I am sorry, who is Jeff?

Here's a hint: According to Forbes, he's the third-richest person in the world. Also, he's bald.

Level 0 5 posts since
Feb 3, 2017
4. Nov 24, 2017 1:32 PM in response to: Lorem_Ipsum

Correction he is the richest man alive now.

Level 2 115 posts since
Sep 19, 2017
5. Nov 28, 2017 10:18 AM in response to: ketanco

It's a lot easier to change your book than it is Amazon.  In your case, I would suggest having a detailed table of contents that shows what's inside the book.  Not just chapeter headings but for example, "Map: Climate Hardiness Zones" or "Electhave rical Conductivity of Materials."  You could also shift things around a bit so you have more (or fewer) charts and technical information in the beginning of the book, and it's USUALLY the beginning of the book (plus in some cases a few other random pages) that are shown.  I have also read that you can set the "look Inside" prcentage from 10% to 80%, thought he automatic default is 20% (I am not sure of the percentages or how to do this.)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...