Skip navigation
238 Views 1 Reply Last post: Nov 27, 2017 10:03 PM by Maaku RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Oct 24, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 27, 2017 9:03 PM

Can the digital proof be edited and resubmitted

I ordered a proof to be sent and found that there are now a number of errors that are a result of the conversion of my original file into the Createspace book format.  Mainly, the probelms are that the page numbers in the Table of Contents not longer agree with the chapter page numbers (though they did agree in what I sent).  Also, the line setting off the footnotes is sometimes too close to the last line of text, in the manner of an underline.My question is: can one make corrections by editing the digital file?  Or do you always have to go back to the orginal file.  My book has many footnotes and I think the conversion by Createspace introduces changes that are not in the original, i.e, not there to correct.

Hope someone can help.

Lytton

Level 5 4,260 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
1. Nov 27, 2017 10:03 PM in response to: Lytton
Re: Can the digital proof be edited and resubmitted

You always have to go back and edit the original file.

However, it sounds like these errors are due to your allowing CreateSpace to do the layout. I presume you submitted a Word document. I never do that. I create my own PDF, which I inspect carefully before submitting to CreateSpace. CreaeteSpace still fiddle with submitted PDF files, but never with the sorts of results you've seen.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...