This discussion is archived
875 Views 7 Replies Last post: Nov 28, 2017 6:46 AM by The_Owlette RSS
Level 0 7 posts since
May 17, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 28, 2017 6:06 AM

My book is not appearing on Amazon

Hello,

The paperback version of my book "Of Gryphons and Other Monsters," was meant to appear on Amazon on the 17th of November.

When it didn't appear I contacted Createspace. I was told to be patient and that it could take some time for all the data to come through, but that it would absolutely appear by the following Wednesday (November the 22nd.)

(I did an isbn search though google and by that time it appeared on most other Amazon sites... just not the US one, which is where I'm based.)

When it didn't appear through the US Amazon site I contacted Createspace again. They told me to be patient and that their technical team was looking into it. I was told that I would hear from them in one to two days, but that if I didn't hear from them by Friday (the 24th) then I should contact them again and they would look "further" into it.

Friday came and I didn't hear from them and I called. I was told their technical team was "looking into it." However, they couldn't tell me what the problem was, or when it would be solved. I sent a followup email that same day, asking to be updated on the status, and got no response besides the automated one.

I sent another email yesterday, and again no response.

I had my release date scheduled for the weeks leading up to Black Friday and Cyber Monday and now I've missed both of them... and my book is still not up. I'm having to hold off on a couple different promotions with other creators because only the Kindle version can be seen and not everyone reads Kindle and honestly it's really frustrating.

Has anyone else had this problem?

What else can I do?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Level 5 4,128 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
1. Nov 28, 2017 6:13 AM in response to: The_Owlette
Re: My book is not appearing on Amazon

Do you mean this https://www.amazon.com/Gryphons-Other-Monsters-Taryns-Journey-ebook/dp/B0778LX96W/?

I cannot find the paperback version on the UK site either.

Oct 27, 2010
4. Nov 28, 2017 6:24 AM in response to: The_Owlette

Normally when people are worried that their book hasn't shown up the answer is what CreateSpace told you: just wait. You can always do an ISBN search, which is the best way of getting past the search result ordering algorithms, and usually reveals that a book is in the Amazon database within a couple of hours of being approved on your CreateSpace dashboard.

So here's what appears to be happening - the book IS on Amazon, it has just not yet been linked to the Kindle version, and this is probably because the titles are not identical. Your next move should be to contact Amazon and ask them to link the pages manually, as this is not going to happen automatically.

For future reference, it is helpful to provide the ISBN when raising questions about any particular book.

Oct 27, 2010
6. Nov 28, 2017 6:34 AM in response to: The_Owlette

Some people have resorted to tricks like temporary price changes and even reuploading the book to force a tardy title through the distribution system. I presume you have checked the obvious - that the amazon.com distribution channel is selected?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...