Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

413 Views 6 Replies Last post: Nov 30, 2017 9:00 AM by bitbybug RSS
Level 0 68 posts since
Jan 23, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 29, 2017 2:46 PM

Need help with flash.

Major problems with Flash (using Google Chrome on Windows 7) although Flash is up-to-date, and I have allowed it on Create Space where everything is set to default.

Can not open Interior Reviewer because my flash "isn't up-to-date" and the help link on that page is no help at all.

Also searched for flash  on this community and  the discussions I found do not open.

Should I try another browser?  A Mac instead of a PC? Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Level 5 4,269 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
1. Nov 29, 2017 5:21 PM in response to: bitbybug
Re: Need help with flash.

Yes, try both those approaches. Try reinstalling Flash, try clearing cookies and cache. The usual panaceas, in other words.

Level 5 4,269 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
3. Nov 30, 2017 5:51 AM in response to: bitbybug

In regard to the browser, it is always good to have an alternative to hand, not just for dealing with CreateSpace idiosyncrasies. You could always download one of the other well respected ones (Firefox, Opera). Maybe Microsoft Edge will be a good stand-by (if you move to Windows 10). I quite like Vivaldi, too.

In regard to fonts, for licensing reasons Word does not embed all fonts. I am not a Word user, so I don't know the details. Maybe one of the others will chime in and explain. Alternatively, you may have put a foot wrong by saving as PDF, rather than 'printing to file'. Again, I don't use Word for anything important, so I am not familiar with its oddities. I think the general advice is to use a PDF printer emulator. There are several free downloadable ones. In summary, it may be Word that is at fault rather than CreateSpace, on this matter.

Your interior probably looks OK because, even if not all fonts are embedded, CreateSpace has its own copy of whatever fonts you used and is able to fill the 'gaps'.

Level 3 456 posts since
Oct 16, 2014
4. Nov 30, 2017 6:31 AM in response to: bitbybug

You probably just need to turn Flash on.  Someone posted just a few days ago that in Chrome you should click on the green "Secure" (to the left of the URL at the top of the screen) and set Flash option to "always allow" on Createspace.  If that works for you, it's the easiest fix I know of.  (I don't remember who posted that or I would give them credit for it.)  And if you are using the Incognito mode, you'll probably need to switch to regular mode.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...