Skip navigation
224 Views 3 Replies Last post: Nov 30, 2017 6:27 PM by Maaku RSS
Level 0 7 posts since
Apr 11, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 30, 2017 4:40 PM

the purpouse of full bleed?

i created images for my book that i wanted to go right to the edges of the page, however, i'm getting this feedback saying its not possible to print because:

Full-bleed images should extend at least 0.125" beyond the book's trim line on the top, bottom and outer edges  AND The outside, top, and bottom margin requirements 0.375" for bleed interiors.

how can an image both go .125 beyond the trimline, but also stay .375 inside the margins?!  it can only be one or the other correct? 

or is it that the image must go beyond .125 trimline OR it must be .375 inside the margins (meaning anywhere in the middle of those measurements is not accepted)?  i'm lost, i'm doing an 8x10 book, i wanted the images to go right to the edge so i made the book 8.125 x 10.25.  i even went so far as to make every single page in flash and saved it as a jpg that i later converted to PDF so i know for absoluture sure that ever single page is 8.125 x 10.25?  but again i'm getting the above messages?  am i confusing the purpose of the full bleed?

Level 4 2,523 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
1. Nov 30, 2017 5:42 PM in response to: superVILLAIN
Re: the purpouse of full bleed?

I'm guessing you haven't bothered to download the CreateSpace PDF Submission Specification, which contains a pertinent section titled "Bleed" on page 34. Books (tab at top of page) -> Publish a Trade Paperback -> Interior. Read it. Know it. Live it.

Level 5 4,211 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
3. Nov 30, 2017 6:27 PM in response to: superVILLAIN
Re: the purpouse of full bleed?

superVILLAIN wrote:

my guess is i have an opion of a live element that differs from what a reviewer feels is live that differs from what the other reviewer feels is a live element, haha

Yes, maybe you do. However, in the past when people with similar problems have actually posted images of the pages in question others have only needed a second or two to spot the problem. Want a quick answer? Post an image.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...