Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
381 Views 4 Replies Last post: Dec 1, 2017 10:39 AM by Lorem_Ipsum RSS
Level 0 32 posts since
Oct 28, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 1, 2017 12:52 AM

Various trim sizes leading to strange sized books.  Who do I report it to quickly?

I have noticed from my Amazon UK orders that my latest book's size can vary considerably. 

It is pocket size at 4.33" x 6" but has varied in as much as half-an-inch either way.

My customers have also reported this when they have purchased via Amazon UK. I would imagine the printers need a nudge but who do I contact quickly to stop these errors from occurring?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Level 4 2,558 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
1. Dec 1, 2017 5:06 AM in response to: Tc101
Re: Various trim sizes leading to strange sized books.  Who do I report it to quickly?

Hi T,

There is always a variance in printing with POD, and that includes trim sizing.  If the trimming has cut off text in the interior, the books can always be returned for a refund (CS has a good eturns policy) but that won't prevent it from happening again. But, carefully measuring the finished size is probably not what you want to do in these cases. 

There is no process to nudge the printers, who run a high-speed, automated process where every book is different from the one before and after. 

Over the years I have determined it's just best to adjust your expectations regarding consistency, and maybe design your covers so that a little variance is tolerable.

Stacy

Level 4 2,558 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
3. Dec 1, 2017 6:10 AM in response to: Tc101
Re: Various trim sizes leading to strange sized books.  Who do I report it to quickly?

Wow, yes, that is certainly an error. 

Of course she can return it for a replacement, but that's a bit of a pain for her.  Hopefully it won't happen again.

Level 4 2,934 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
4. Dec 1, 2017 10:39 AM in response to: Tc101

CreateSpace's stated trim variance is .125 (1/8) inch, so if a book's trim variance exceeds this limit, it can be returned for replacement.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...