Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

7,361 Views 49 Replies Last post: Apr 15, 2018 10:52 AM by Notjohn RSS Go to original post
Level 0 2 posts since
Jul 5, 2012
Currently Being Moderated
31. Dec 14, 2017 1:58 PM in response to: JonFergus
Re: Best-Seller suddenly showing no sales, don't understand why!

Same thing is happening to me. I have a book that has sold 4-5 copies a day for a year and 3-4 a day in 2016. November and December reported sales are about 2.5 a day. Makes no sense and is giving me an ulcer. Amazon didn't pre-order any this year, although they ordered a lot in the previous two years.

Level 1 3 posts since
Jan 16, 2015
33. Dec 15, 2017 9:52 AM in response to: JonFergus

My book with the vanished sales also returned to normal daily sales a few days ago. Today I also had a bulk sale hit my dashboard from Amazon (at the Amazon rate) for that title. Based on the book's current rank, the order size would make sense as a preorder quantity from November.

More confusing is the other bulk sale that registered today for a different, better-selling title. That one has been selling steadily without interruption all season, so I don't know if today's bulk sale is a previous preorder or a new one!  I feel a little like I won the lottery today, though, which is some consolation for all the uncertainty.

PPan

Level 0 1 posts since
Dec 20, 2017
35. Dec 20, 2017 8:30 PM in response to: JonFergus

I have the same problem with you, but, now all are done. It took me a week to fix this issue.

Level 0 2 posts since
Jul 5, 2012
36. Dec 21, 2017 4:19 AM in response to: kevineaton

No sales reported and for the first time in three years, Amazon didn't do a bulk purchase in November (at least one that has been reported). Now there's a notice that my Prime book "usually ships in seven days." Depressing Christmas.

Level 0 2 posts since
Oct 5, 2017
37. Dec 21, 2017 11:23 PM in response to: JonFergus

First of all hello everybody

I have the same problem. My sales stop from US market exactly 19 dec to now. I have few coloring books. But today i've noticed that my sales are back but only in half positions. And I dont see any overdue bulk orders. Is  the proces back to normal  looks like? I know that i have sales in that positions.

Level 0 1 posts since
Jan 1, 2018
38. Jan 1, 2018 5:11 AM in response to: JonFergus

happy new year guys

Level 0 1,611 posts since
Jan 15, 2009
39. Jan 1, 2018 11:07 AM in response to: JonFergus

My sales have never been that good in paperback (maybe one a month), most of my sales have been in KDP.  I have experienced the same thing with Kindle sales since around the end of October.  Strange that so many sales have dropped off to nearly zero.  I do wonder what is going on too.

Level 0 1 posts since
Nov 24, 2016
40. Jan 3, 2018 7:19 AM in response to: JonFergus

I am new to Createspace and had been worried that over the Xmas and New Year period my Amazon sales rankings were very good but very little showing on my CS dashboard. If this is typical for holiday periods because of CS outsourcing work to third party printers then that is a great relief!!!

Level 1 11 posts since
Aug 4, 2016
41. Jan 3, 2018 2:10 PM in response to: Ipsal

Yes. It is because of the third party distribution. A lot of ours dropped off in November and then are showing up at different times. Mine came in a couple weeks ago as one large order. Happy to report that my frantic call to CS back in early December confirmed that sales do drop off the dashboard but then show as a bulk.

Level 1 11 posts since
Aug 4, 2016
42. Jan 3, 2018 2:10 PM in response to: JonFergus

Great news!

Level 1 11 posts since
Aug 4, 2016
43. Jan 3, 2018 2:12 PM in response to: josephchacko

You too!

Level 0 1 posts since
Apr 25, 2016
44. Feb 2, 2018 10:00 PM in response to: ShannonT

Hi Shannon,

I'm glad I found this thread as likewise I have a best seller which suddenly stopped reporting in the UK but my dates are different. Mine ceased 16th January. Zilch since....now 18 days. Same story from cs reps....no idea why you haven't sold any! I sure am hoping that I'll see that bulk order show up somewhere soon. Is everything back to normal for you now? Are you seeing daily sales come in? The weird thing for me is that it's happening after Xmas so the whole stocking up for Xmas doesn't seem to apply but it could be related somehow. I've seen on author forums that some people have had unexpected dumps of sales showing and it worries me that there may have been an allocation mixup. Anyway...I guess it's just a question now of patience. CS tell me everything is normal! Do I just accept that they can't know? Looking for reassurance really.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...