This discussion is archived
436 Views 0 Replies Last post: Dec 4, 2017 11:16 AM by Dragonryder RSS
Level 0 18 posts since
Jan 5, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 4, 2017 11:16 AM

Amazon Look Inside Feature Questions

Hello everyone,

I have recently published my non-fiction book and would like to activate the Amazon Look-Inside feature.  I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could answer:

1. To sign up, the links on various amazon pages send you to the sign-up page of:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/html-forms-controller/SITB_Pub_Signup_Form

This is a broken link.  I've emailed author central but have yet to receive any response.  Anyone know of a different sign-up page or do I need to use the email address that is listed instead.

2. When I look at other books and view the "look inside", I see that some include all of the Endnotes (links to references).  I would very much like to have this included.  Is it included as standard?  Is it random and I hope I get lucky that they publish them?  I do not have an index, just Endnotes.

3. The instructions for putting the PDF together strongly recommend including the spine, which I can do.  But, why do they need this?  Is the spine going to be one of the preview pages?

4. Last month a read a post on the forum about the book percentage shown in the look inside program, with someone asking if they could restrict the viewable amount to less than 10% (they had a very large book, as I recall).  In the thread, several posters stated that when they submitted their PDF to the program, they submitted less than 100% of their book to get around this, and their PDFs were accepted with no problems.  I can't find where I read the post and was just curious as to whether this is true or not.

Thanks so much for any insight!!!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...