Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 1 "helpful" answer available (5 pts)
1,539 Views 7 Replies Last post: Mar 20, 2018 5:36 PM by TreasureMe RSS
Level 0 6 posts since
Jun 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 5, 2017 9:02 PM

CS sales reporting

Is anyone else experiencing slow or non-existent sales reporting? I suspected that my Amazon sales were not showing up on CS and to be sure, I purchased two books - three days ago - from the Amazon site. Sure enough, they have yet to appear on CS. Should I go ahead and contact CS now or give it more time?

Level 5 5,589 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Dec 5, 2017 10:43 PM in response to: CliftonHanger
Re: CS sales reporting

Did you get a notice from Amazon that the two you ordered have shipped? CS reports books when they've printed and shipped them, not when they're ordered. In addition, this is the busiest time of the year for them as far as book production goes. When they are backed up, Amazon will often source through a print partner, which will initially report like an EDC sale (taking up to a couple months to appear in your Dashboard) but will then be corrected to an Amazon sale. This happens every December.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 0 15 posts since
Sep 24, 2012
3. Dec 20, 2017 4:32 PM in response to: CliftonHanger

Replies here have helped, as I feel like I am losing my mind. My sales are appearing as only 1/3 of what they were last Christmas, despite plugging hundreds of dollars in Facebook advertising on a page I've built to 24k members, and same members posting photos of my books arriving in the mail.

I feel very discouraged, as I also make a bunch of funny promo videos at this time of year, and it seems like a ton of work and expense for nothing. The sales report shows only ONE book sold since last Saturday (it's now Wednesday), when this time last year it was closer to 100. This is my fulltime income, and to see Christmas sales tank is terrifying.

And for goodness sakes, how can my book be labeled "Bestseller" on Amazon, when sales are so slow? We have no way of measuring what this term actually means. Does that mean Bestseller in a narrow category?

In 2015, Amazon at least posted notices that they had a backlog of orders, so we knew not to worry. But not this year.

Level 4 2,667 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
4. Dec 20, 2017 5:51 PM in response to: TreasureMe

Don't worry.  Stop checking. 

There will probably be a big blob of orders showing on your reports mid-February.  It always fun (and a relief!) when they show up.

Stacy

Level 0 4 posts since
Mar 24, 2013
5. Mar 20, 2018 3:38 PM in response to: TreasureMe

Having the same your problem right now. After years of good and several month of wonderful sales (the February report is 101 books sold) there is a a sales collapse. We sell books translated in different languages however most of them is in italian. No negative comments, it's no Christmas time and suddenly the sales stop. March report is 11 books... We bought one of our books that has been sent already and which doesn't appear in the report. I'll write to the CS Help. It could be an error in their computer system.

Level 0 4 posts since
Mar 24, 2013
6. Mar 20, 2018 3:39 PM in response to: Oreohelix

Have you really had a case like this ?

Level 0 15 posts since
Sep 24, 2012
7. Mar 20, 2018 5:36 PM in response to: Oreohelix

You were right about the "big blob"  in February LOL and Thank God!

However, I am now having the same problem with my pre-Easter sales. This is my other big surge of the year, and the online report looks as if I haven't sold a single book in nearly 2 weeks. I hope it's the same story. I just don't understand what they're doing. I hope it's not indicative of how difficult things will be when we are ultimately compelled to move to Amazon's other publishing platform.

I'm sorry, but how could my Easter newsletter have gotten nearly 20,000 Likes and Shares on Facebook, without a single sale resulting? Not possible.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...