Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
806 Views 7 Replies Last post: Dec 10, 2017 11:54 AM by Mediaman2 RSS
Level 0 14 posts since
Mar 21, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 7, 2017 5:05 AM

How do I monitor rankings/sales?

I know this sounds like an ignorant question but here goes:  On Saturday, I'm announcing on numerous sites that my first book is available on Amazon. Since I'm blessed to have many friends and business associates, I thnk (hope) that I will have several hundred sales within a short period of time. Where do I go to moniitor hourly sales and just as importantly rankings?  I'm hoping that at least for a few minutes, my book will be in the top ten of my genre and I'll Iater be able to use that info. to promote it ("Top 10 best seller: etc).  Finally, do I need to take a screen shot of my ranking or does Amazon have that on record?

Thank you SO much and happy holidays to everyone!

-Ken

Level 5 4,129 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
1. Dec 7, 2017 5:30 AM in response to: Mediaman2
Re: How do I monitor rankings/sales?

Set up an account with Amazon's Author Central and claim your book. You'll then have access to a graph of rankings over time. You should still keep a close eye on the book's page in real time and capture the screen periodically - it looks more convincing than a graph.

Oct 27, 2010
3. Dec 8, 2017 3:08 AM in response to: Mediaman2

Well, I have also been accused of being sarcastic and unfriendly, but everyone has their off days.

Level 5 3,881 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
5. Dec 11, 2017 2:09 AM in response to: Mediaman2

On the book's page, if you scroll down you'll see a section named Product Details - like this.  It changes ABOUT hourly.

Product details

Dan'l

Oct 27, 2010
6. Dec 9, 2017 4:31 PM in response to: Mediaman2

You just don't get that level of detail with Amazon's graphs, I'm afraid.

Possible alternative: https://www.novelrank.com/ It's a long time since I looked into it, but I think it also only tracks total sales and global rankings.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...