Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
1,951 Views 0 Replies Last post: Jan 5, 2012 7:56 PM by Dottie RSS
Level 1 120 posts since
Mar 12, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 5, 2012 7:56 PM

iWorks Pages, OSX Lion, and Baskerville font

I just upgraded my system from Mac OSX Snow Leopard to Lion. On Snow Leopard using iWorks Pages 09, I didn't have any trouble creating a PDF that CreateSpace blessed. I was delighted with the print copies of all three of my books.

Over Christmas I upgraded to OSX Lion, finished the fourth book, exported to PDF and when I opened the PDF, it was HORRID. The primary font was a mess. I tried downloading the iWorks Pages update for Lion, no change. I verified that I had the font installed, and I did. I opened the PDF on my Snow Leopard system and even there, it was awful. I scoured Google for answers and found the culprit.

My primary font for print books is Baskerville which has printed beautifully for me in the past. On OSX Lion however, the Baskerville font is corrupt which is a problem that several folks are having with it. While it looks fine on screen in iWorks and other programs, exporting to PDF fails. People are apparently having problems in some web browsers viewing web pages that use Baskerville as well.

I installed the Baskerville font from my Snow Leopard system over to Lion and the problem was solved. In other words, I installed an older version of Baskerville overwriting the OSX Lion version. The one I now have installed is:

Version:    6.1d5e1

Unique Name:    Baskerville; 6.1d5e1; 2008-12-29

In your system info under Software/Fonts you can click on a font to find out which version you have installed.

Just thought the info might be useful if anyone else uses Baskerville and has a problem exporting from iWorks Pages in OSX Lion to PDF.

Sharon Delarose

Bad Dog to Best Friend paperback   Kindle version

Training Your Dog to be Home Alone kindle

Yankee Go Home paperback   Kindle version

Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Coin Collectors paperback   Kindle version

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...