Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
233,313 Views 385 Replies Last post: Oct 20, 2015 9:55 AM by DesireSuccess RSS Go to original post
  1 2 3 4 5 ... 26 Previous Next
Level 0 19 posts since
Mar 21, 2012
Currently Being Moderated
30. Jul 6, 2012 8:57 AM in response to: Fquest
Re: How to do pre-ordering on Amazon Advantage with CreateSpace

What about pre-sales? How do those numbers show up on Advantage?

Level 0 6 posts since
May 26, 2012
31. Jul 15, 2012 2:27 PM in response to: DesireSuccess

Eric,

You've been so helpful answering everyone elses questions but I don't see where you've touched on my question. Does adding your "book" through AA also make it available for pre-order for the E-book format? I'd like to get my e-book out there for pre-order too.

Level 5 3,516 posts since
Sep 17, 2008
32. Jul 15, 2012 3:04 PM in response to: Policecuffs

In answer to your comment:

Policecuffs wrote: "You've been so helpful answering everyone elses questions..."

Thank you.

In answer to your question:

Policecuffs wrote: "Does adding your "book" through AA also make it available for pre-order for the E-book format? I'd like to get my e-book out there for pre-order too."

AmazaonAdvantage only manages initial title addition for books, music CDs, DVDs or Video, unfortunately NOT eBooks. If you are wishing to add eBook (Kindle), that can be done here:

Kindle Direct Publishing: https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin

I'm not entirely sure if Kindle Direct allows pre-orders or not, so perhaps someone else here will be able to shed some more light on that for you.

- Eric

Eric V. Van Der Hope is a #1 International Bestselling Author (Mastering Niche Marketing), Publishing & Book Marketing Strategist, Copywriter & Speaker, with an extensive list of writing and editing credits to his name. He & his family live near Santa Monica, California. Eric dedicates his time to helping people publish & market their books effectively. You can read his latest blog posts on: "Eric's Book Marketing Minute". To learn more about Eric and what he does, you may connect with him via his personal Facebook Profile, his Facebook Fanpage: BookLaunchMarketing, his Twitter Profile: @ericvanderhope, and/or his LinkedIn Profile. You can also visit Eric's Official Website.

Level 1 232 posts since
Mar 1, 2012
33. Oct 12, 2012 12:52 AM in response to: Phoenyx

I approved the proof of my book and the status shows "Available" now in my Createspace dashborad. I just wrote to Amazon Advantage to "Suspend" my title and told them that CS will take care of fulfillment from now on . However, I was wondering does "suspend a title" means the title will be canceled from AA and will be no longer maintained there ? Is suspending the same thing as canceling a title with respect to AA ?

Level 1 232 posts since
Mar 1, 2012
34. Oct 12, 2012 3:26 AM in response to: manav

My AA account shows the following  as the definition of suspended/Closing. I wonder why shouldn't I set my item status to "Closing"(it has been recommended here that it should be set to "suspended") after the pre-order phase is over ? Does "closing" meaning that the item page on amazon and all the details about it will disappear and that's why one shouldn't "close it". Secondly, after the pre-order phase, from where will amazon.com take the book details from  -from AA or from CS ?

• Suspended: Titles are suspended if there is some temporary reason why you will not be able to fulfill our orders. We will not order items that are in Suspended status.
  • Closing: Titles are closed if they are permanently unavailable from you, either because they are out of print or you no longer have distribution rights.
Sep 17, 2008
35. Oct 12, 2012 8:33 AM in response to: manav

In answer to your questions:

manav wrote: "I was wondering does "suspend a title" means the title will be canceled from AA and will be no longer maintained there ? Is suspending the same thing as canceling a title with respect to AA ?"

No. Your title will not appear when you log into your account if you either suspend or cancel it. However, it will be searchable using your ISBN. Once it's 'found', you can still make changes/edits to your product detail page using your AA account.

In the second part of your question, you kind of already answered that in your your follow-up post about the difference between canceling or suspending your title.

manav wrote: "Does "closing" meaning that the item page on amazon and all the details about it will disappear and that's why one shouldn't "close it"

No, your Amazon Book Detail Page will not be affected whether you 'suspend' or 'cancel' your title in your AA account.

manav wrote: "after the pre-order phase, from where will amazon.com take the book details from  - from AA or from CS?"

You are not cancelling your AA account, so the information will come from a combination of AA and CS. If you set up an account with Author Central, your book detail information will also come from there.

Hope this is helpful.

- Eric

Eric V. Van Der Hope is a #1 International Bestselling Author (Mastering Niche Marketing), Publishing & Book Marketing Strategist, Copywriter & Speaker, with an extensive list of writing and editing credits to his name. He & his family live near Santa Monica, California. Eric dedicates his time to helping people publish & market their books effectively. You can read his latest blog posts on: "Eric's Book Marketing Minute". To learn more about Eric and what he does, you may connect with him via his personal Facebook Profile, his Facebook Fanpage: BookLaunchMarketing, his Twitter Profile: @ericvanderhope, and/or his LinkedIn Profile. You can also visit Eric's Official Website.

Level 1 232 posts since
Mar 1, 2012
36. Oct 12, 2012 10:59 AM in response to: DesireSuccess

Thank you Eric. I appreciate your help. In fact, I was able to set the pre-order just because of your detailed explanation on the setup process in this thread.

I raised a support ticket the way you had recommended and got an email from them that they have "closed" my title since the fulfillment will now be done by amazon. They did not suspend it. Is this something to be worried about ? My book is releasing tomorrow.

Sep 17, 2008
37. Oct 12, 2012 4:08 PM in response to: manav

You are welcome . . .  and thank you for acknowledging - I'm happy you were able to use the information and benefit from it.

In response to your concern: nothing to worry about, whether the title has been 'suspended' or 'closed' from within your AA account, it'll have the same effect.

If AA implemented the request properly, then your book will go from 'Pre-order' status to 'Available' on your Amazon Book Detail Page on the date you suggested.

- Eric

Level 1 232 posts since
Mar 1, 2012
38. Oct 13, 2012 12:25 AM in response to: DesireSuccess

Thank you very much for the prompt response Eric. Looking foward to buying your Niche Marketing book

Level 0 1 posts since
Aug 31, 2012
39. Nov 13, 2012 10:44 AM in response to: Phoenyx

Eric, this thread has been really helpful, thanks. I set up a pre-order page for my physical book (the Kindle version is already out), and hopefully CreateSpace will be done processing my files in the next day or two.

The one thing I'm still puzzled about is how to turn off fulfillment from Advantage and turn it over to CreateSpace. How exactly am I supposed to contact Advantage to do that? There doesn't seem an obvious link anywhere on the site for such a thing, and I've read and re-read this thread without quite understanding.

Sorry if I seem slow on this. It's my first time self-publishing, and I'm learning as I go.

Sep 17, 2008
40. Nov 13, 2012 11:15 AM in response to: alsep

When you are almost ready to 'make the switch', contact Amazon Advantage and put in your request for this change. Simply be logged into your AA account and open a support ticket, usually a 'contact us' button at bottom of AA website.

What to say in the support ticket:

Request AA to 'Suspend' or 'Close' your title (indicate what the title and ISBN of the book is) from your AA account. Emphasize 'suspend' or 'close' your book title (not your account). Tell AA the reason for this 'change' is that you are handing over responsibility of selling, printing and distribution of the book to Createspace.

Let me know if you have further questions.

-- Eric

Level 0 3 posts since
Sep 16, 2012
41. Nov 25, 2012 2:36 PM in response to: DesireSuccess

What a great thread with lots of info. I am new to this with one book through CreateSpace but never using AA for pre-orders.

I am working on another volume of the book for the holiday season so pre-orders for a wk or so could be good.

I am confused though on a couple things maybe you guys, especially Eric, could clear up.

When you switch over to CreateSpace, does that mean CreateSpace (specifically South Carolina where they seem to print CreateSpace direct ordered books) does the printing and then the shipping of all of the orders that were preordered? Or does that mean CreateSpace will print and deliver to you and then you ship? If so, what happens then if the customer ordered using Prime? If you or CreateSpace does shipping how is shipping getting paid/charged at time of the pre-order.

I assume that with this switch from AA to CreateSpace fulfillment arrangement Amazon will not print the pre-orders from CreateSpace and ship as they would if someone did a regular order from Amazon of a CreateSpace book, but maybe I am wrong (I take it once you suspend the title from AA though, it reverts to the usual buy from Amazon button and arrangement). For  what it's worth, I have not had good luck with the quality of books bought off of Amazon, but good luck with the ones I have ordered direct from CreateSpace  (the downside to that being the shipping cost is high and the time to fulfill is high if the quantity is very great). My biggest concern at this time, since it is holiday season, is maximizing sales and market recognition.

Hopefully you can help clear up my thinking on this.  Thanks!

Ann

Level 0 4 posts since
Jun 29, 2011
42. Dec 29, 2012 11:45 AM in response to: manav

What a helpful thread. Thank you so much, Eric.

I went to request a support ticket to make the switch from AA preorder fulfillment to createspace order fulfillment and noticed that Advantage has an option to "Update Item Status."

Can I just suspend my title on that screen the day it becomes available? Or do I need to message them through the support ticket too?

THANKS!

Sep 17, 2008
43. Dec 30, 2012 12:00 AM in response to: HeyThere2

Hi Ann, sorry for not seeing your thread ealier!

I'm not 100% sure who will do the printing once the switch is made. When an order is made from a customer via Amazon, Createspace will not deliver the book to you. Once orders are fulfilled, the books will be printed and shipped directly to the customer (you are not involved in shipping and handling). That's 1 of the many benefits to using Createspace.

The customer does not get charged for the book or for shipping until the book is printed.

-- Eric

Sep 17, 2008
44. Dec 30, 2012 12:06 AM in response to: LucyS

Hi Lucy,

I'm glad you found it helpful.

In answer to your question:

LucyS wrote: "I went to request a support ticket to make the switch from AA preorder fulfillment to createspace order fulfillment and noticed that Advantage has an option to "Update Item Status." Can I just suspend my title on that screen the day it becomes available? Or do I need to message them through the support ticket too?"

Yes, and that's not the only option . . . you can certainly click that button and it will suspend the book.

However, I encourage everyone that uses AA to contact support (by opening a support ticket) so that you make it clear to Amazon Representatives what your intentions are . . . so that hopefully there isn't any mis-communication.

-- Eric

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...